1. Downloading via torrents
2. Portability
3. Lag Free Surfing
4. Movies and entertainment via hdd
5. Office work like word,excel
6. Rar/zip compressions and decompressions
7. An all in one player like vlc

Last edited by a moderator:
@OP Yes, to all of them. Although I hope you aren't planning to download 24x7 since that would affect the SSD performance.

@OP Yes, to all of them. Although I hope you aren't planning to download 24x7 since that would affect the SSD performance.
yes :) for that purpose i have an asus netbook. I may download occasionally. btw, is there any software like idm for mac os which can grab videos to download ?

I see no issue with downloading on an SSD. Also, if you prefer Windows over MacOS you can completely remove MacOS and use your Air on Windows just like I did.

I see no issue with downloading on an SSD. Also, if you prefer Windows over MacOS you can completely remove MacOS and use your Air on Windows just like I did.

Can we dual boot mac os with windows 7 without affecting the performance of any of the os?
and do the windows works flawless on mac machine? The config is quite high to run 7.

Can we dual boot mac os with windows 7 without affecting the performance of any of the os?
and do the windows works flawless on mac machine? The config is quite high to run 7.

Yes you can dual boot if you don't mind the disk space getting further divided. I had the 256GB version and found the space a tad bit less than what I was comfortable with considering I had a few torrents over 100GB.
It runs Windows flawlessly and even supported all Windows 8 gestures. Infact despite your choice of OS, Air is the best ultraportable out there. I just didn't have it in me to learn how to use a new OS and search for alternate softwares. The learning curve is quite steep if you are accustomed to a certain OS, like I have been to Windows for the last 9 years.

Am really confused should i go fir 11" or 13"? Which one is more preferable? I am currently on a 10.1" netbook from past 3 yrs. Will i be comfortable with 11" screensize?

Yes, go ahead with the 11" Macbook if portability is your concern. its much more compact and light. useful when travelling/carrying around, can be used like ipad at times. Although you'll miss on the large screen when doing Office work or while watching movies (at home); but it can be solved by using an external monitor/TV for that purposes.

Last edited:
Yes, go ahead with the 11" Macbook if portability is your concern. its much more compact and light useful when travelling/carrying around, can be used like ipad at times. Although you'll miss on the large screen when doing Office work or while watching movies (at home) but it can be solved by using an external monitor/TV for that purposes.

Last few doubts before ordering,
Is 128GB enough for my purpose? Keeping in mind h have external HDD's etc
and
Whats the difference between 711HN/A and 711HN/B model? Their config is same i guess

Back