Macbook pro with SSD and SATA configuration possible?

hektor

Disciple
Hello friends,
I know this might sound ridiculous, but is it possible to configure an MBP with both a SATA hard disk and an SSD? I've checked out the configure macbook pro option in the apple store page, where it doesn't give me an option to choose both? Is it just that apple doesn't prefer to have both or is it just not possible at all ?? Please forgive me if the question is stupid... :)

yep its possible but you will have to do some modding.you can replace the normal hdd with the ssd and the superdrive with a sata hdd.there are more than a dozen vids of it on youtube.

^^ he asked whether its possible or not.i replied to his question and gave him the proper answer instead of saying just no without any knowledge.i am interested in tech related stuff and thus watch vids of it.whatever monkeys do in their free time isnt my concern.

^^ Hold it guys. Don't get into argument mode unnecessarily. I suppose by "possible to configure" he meant configure-while-buying-it-from-Apple. I don't know whether this is possible. Anybody who has dealt with Apple may be able to answer.

thanks guys for the replies.
@deenis_nail: that is precisely what i meant...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Hey friends, i found this after googling <http://www.markc.me.uk/MarkC/Blog/Entries/2009/9/1_Second_Hard_Disk_into_a_Macbook_Pro_Unibody.html>

So this proves that it is possible, but it requires a lotta care and u can kiss ur warranty good-bye if anything goes wrong.. If only the apple store people did it fos us.... :)

OK,mate,replacing the superdrive with a hard drive is an old topic of discussion.Macrumor forum has this topic going on for a long time.Some even thought the 2011 mbp`s will loose the superdrive for a bigger battery/or a small ssd atleast for the o.s itself,but they were just rumors and never really happened.It is almost impossible to replace the superdrive with a second hard drive for all practical purpose.
@vantheman,it is nice to have interest in technology,but wildlife is not that bad too;)

Back