Budget 90k+ Machine Learning System needed

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
  1. What is your budget?
    • No Limit decided yet
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel i7-9700k or equivalent to x299
    • Motherboard - Asus / MSI / Gigabyte ( i think its x299 series ) with 8 ram slot and 3 pci express slot
    • GPU - RTX 2080 ti from zotac only
    • RAM - 16 GB Corsair or Gskill 3000 mhz ddr4 ( 64gb for total is needed )
    • Samsung 970 evo 1 tb
    • 2tb hhd
    • Monitor - 24" IPS panel
    • cooling - air or water if needed
    • Cabinet simple - coolermaster or corsair which can fit this mobo.
    • PSU - 1000+ gold or platinum smps from corsair or any other best brand.
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • None
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • Listed Above
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Yes, will upgrade the following within 6 months or one year ( maybe ).
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Machine Learning
    • android developement
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Do not want to buy XYZ company product as I heard the after sales service in India is pathetic
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

• None
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

1. Desktop-1902x1080
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 64 bit
    • Linux - 18.4
What is AMD counter part for this ?

Please take a note the one than one machine will be need so pricing is also crucial :angelic:
[DOUBLEPOST=1552373999][/DOUBLEPOST]Help need @bssunilreddy @vyral_143 @6pack @nRiTeCh @Black_Hawk @vivek.krishnan @Lord Nemesis :)

Last edited:
I think for machine learning you will need more gpu and more ram than cpu performance since most algorithms run on gpu power. I have no experience in this machine learning field. Sorry.

Maybe @vivek.krishnan can help here.

Machine Learning is a very generic categorization. What exactly do you intend to run. Do you intend to write your own programs from scratch or run some software/ use some frameworks? In general, this area would benefit from both processing power and memory. Depending on what the target application uses, you can benefit from either CPU or GPU or both.

Machine Learning is a very generic categorization. What exactly do you intend to run. Do you intend to write your own programs from scratch or run some software/ use some frameworks? In general, this area would benefit from both processing power and memory. Depending on what the target application uses, you can benefit from either CPU or GPU or both.

as much as i have got to know gpu weight age is more. the team looks forward to upgrade to 128 gb in near by future. project details are not shared with me so no idea about whether the frame work will be run or code from scratch. mobile app is then entry point that much i know :oops:

the machine will also be used for android app development and that's the reason that they insist on intel due to android emulator. android studio 3.2+ have amd support but is it fast as much intel is a question i was asked and i have not idea for the same.

Wait for more details.

For the GPU - If the project can use CUDA, then opt for nVIDIA else AMD should be better.

AMD CPUs will also smoke Intel in CPU VFM.

Wait for more details.

For the GPU - If the project can use CUDA, then opt for nVIDIA else AMD should be better.

AMD CPUs will also smoke Intel in CPU VFM.
This is very true but the team is bended mostly towards in intel. Due to this I wish to get the intel setup and later and setup as a option for them. Plus will 128 GB ram help them in ML is what I wonder in future. Currently they are asking for 64gb. And on Intel side for 128 GB plus support x299 board is needed as much I have seen. x399 will be for amd.

Intel Content Creation RIG (RTX 2080Ti 11GB)
Budget -270K

Processor -Intel Core i7 9700K -42.5k
Motherboard -MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk -15k (max 64GB Support)
Graphics Card -Zotac RTX 2080Ti 11GB Mini -107k
RAM -G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz 64GB (16GBx4) -44k
SSD - ADATA XPG SX8200 512GB Gen3x4 M.2 SSD -9.2k
HDD -Seagate 2TB Firecuda HDD -8k
Power Supply -Antec HCG-1000 Extreme -8.8k
Cabinet -Phanteks P400S -6.6k
Monitor -Acer EB321HQ 32Inch Full HD Monitor -16.3k
KB -Corsair K55 RGB KB -3.4k
Mouse -Corsair Harpoon RGB Mouse -1.7k
UPS -APC 1.1KVA -5.6k
Case Fan -Antec Rainbow 120mm RGB LED fan -1k
Total -270K

All prices are taken from mdcomputers except for the SSD from primeabgb.com

Last edited:
Intel Content Creation RIG (RTX 2060 6GB)
Budget -170K

Processor -Intel Core i7 9700K -42.5k
Motherboard -MSI MAG Z390 Tomahawk -15k
Graphics Card -Zotac RTX 2060 6GB Mini -33k
RAM -G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz 32GB (16GBx2) -22k
SSD - ADATA XPG SX8200 512GB Gen3x4 M.2 SSD -9.2k
HDD -Seagate 2TB Firecuda HDD -8k
Power Supply -Corsair Vengeance 750M -7.7k
Cabinet -Antec DF500 RGB -4.6k
Monitor -Acer EB321HQ 32Inch Full HD Monitor -16.3k
KB -Corsair K55 RGB KB -3.4k
Mouse -Corsair Harpoon RGB Mouse -1.7k
UPS -APC 1.1KVA -5.6k
Case Fan -Antec Rainbow 120mm RGB LED fan -1k
Total -170K

All prices are taken from mdcomputers except for the SSD from primeabgb.com
Can I get something with rtx 2080ti with 64gb config and 1000 watt SMPS.

Made the necessary changes, check once above.
Well I am not sure of the motherboard as the team will upgrade to 128gb in future. Plus smps with that consideration is of concern. Zotac rtx 2080ti amp edition is what we are looking into. Galaxy is also an option with price under 1 lac but no idea what performance it will give.

Well I am not sure of the motherboard as the team will upgrade to 128gb in future. Plus smps with that consideration is of concern. Zotac rtx 2080ti amp edition is what we are looking into. Galaxy is also an option with price under 1 lac but no idea what performance it will give.
Go with this as Zotac offers 5 years warranty compared with others though Galax is only 95k compared to Zotac's 105k but the 5 year warranty is well worth the price.
ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan :https://mdcomputers.in/zotac-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-11gb-gddr6-zt-t20810f-10p.html

And for motherboard with supports 128gb ram ?

I think workstation asus mobo supports it. Don't know about the price.
https://www.asus.com/in/Motherboards/X99E_WS/overview/

Code:
8 x DIMM, Max. 256GB, DDR4 2133/2400/1866 MHz ECC, Register Memory *2
8 x DIMM, Max. 128GB, DDR4 3000(O.C.)/2400(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/3200(O.C.)/2133 MHz Un-buffered, Non-ECC Memory *1
8 x DIMM, Max. 128GB, DDR4 2133/1866/2400 MHz Un-buffered, ECC Memory *2

This is very true but the team is bended mostly towards in intel. Due to this I wish to get the intel setup and later and setup as a option for them. Plus will 128 GB ram help them in ML is what I wonder in future. Currently they are asking for 64gb. And on Intel side for 128 GB plus support x299 board is needed as much I have seen. x399 will be for amd.

I would still suggest to wait till you get the details. Invest more moolah on either CPU or GPU whichever is useful...

Also, dont be so quick to knock out AMD, not only is it compute heavy, but also supports more memory.

I would still suggest to wait till you get the details. Invest more moolah on either CPU or GPU whichever is useful...

Also, dont be so quick to knock out AMD, not only is it compute heavy, but also supports more memory.
For my personal rig I towards amd ryzen 3000 series. I have given them an option of and 2950x, they are fixed on 2080ti that to of Zotac only may be because of 5 yrs warranty. That's why if Intel, the mobo is the problem as of 128gb plus support in future. [emoji28]

Back