PC Peripherals MadCatz Cyborg RAT 3/5/7.. Any recommendation? [Or Logitech M950 performance]

KonfuSed

Disciple
Hi All,

I saw that these mouses are now available at Flipkart/Letsbuy. I just love the way they look and just for the looks I want to own one ( and yeah, I'm not a PC gamer, yet and not much chance of that in future too). Any review on these mouses? Anyone have used/bought any of these mouse? Seems like RAT 3 is not so great compared to other two and RAT 9 (wireless) is priced pretty high at 10k+ (even RAT 7 is at 7.8k and so it's out of reach). I was thinking about buying a Logitech M950 wireless mouse but instead I can go for RAT 5 but I'm not sure if I should. I guess they would be an overkill for my purpose anyway[ only (advanced) Photo editing kind of work and normal browsing]. But for the sheer futuristic looks I'm feeling like buying one. What do you guys think??

Regards,

PS: Currently I'm using a el-cheapo Microsoft mouse and placed an order for a Logitech G400..

If you had that kind of a budget you should have gone for the Logitech G500 or the Logitech G9X

Their 3 year warranty is the best of the lot.

RAT has quality issues reflected in their warranty cover. I was interested in the RAT 7 and getting it from US for 80$ which is around 4k roughly. Sells for twice that here.

I have a Razer Imperator, looks cool again but people have stated one year on there are many issues. Luckily nothing happened as of now but I would suggest you go with Logitech for now unless it has a worthy competitor in the service dept.

the RAT has to its credit a lot of flexibility in it's shape and size. So it will definitely benefit you egonomically which is very important for a device that sees prolonged use. See where your priorities lie. I would suggest you use them carefully if you are getting the RAT 5.

Check this page; scroll down and you'll find a comparison between all the RAT mice. http://www.amazon.com/Cyborg-T-7-Gaming-Mouse-MAC/dp/B003CP0BHM/ref=pd_bxgy_e_img_b

I was just going thru some reviews (specially the comments by the users) and many of them has mentioned about the reliability issues , specially with tracking as it seems this mouse looses tracking. Probably due to dust accumulation. I guess may be it's better if I stick to Logitech as it'll be difficult to keep on trying around after spending 5k+.

And talking about Logitech, how about M950 performance mouse? One of my friend using it (he also uses it for graphic design) and he is pretty happy with it. My only worry is the size as I'm now kind of used to smaller sized mouse. Actually I've ordered the Logitech G400 so that I can again get used to normal sized mouse and then go for better mouse or just keep on using the G400 itself.

You mean a laptop mouse kinda small? Or just general mice?

Yeah gaming mice tend to be a bit bigger than the normal ones. They help in better fit and comfort.

I strongly suggest you scrutise the following:

1. Determine whether you hold the mouse with a "Claw" grip or "palm" grip - youtube videos if you are confused between the two.

2. After that check out different mice as the fit differs for every individual. Some of the best mice might not suit everyone. The RAT due to it's customising ability overcomes this, but since we are skipping them due to reliability issues I strongly suggest you go to a local store and check out the different mouse for yourself and determine which is better.

You might think how can you audition a mouse. Now a lot of mice come in this packaging where the outline of the mouse can be made out in the plastic covering it and most mice. If it is inside a box then you can't do that but I have seem most mice to be like how I described. You can hence without opening the box see the size and shape of the mouse by holding it like that. Check if you are comfortable with it's dimensions and choose accordingly. Choice of brand and model should be secondary to that but reliability supreme.

I have not much idea about the M950 you are talking about. So can't comment on it.

Since you are getting the G400, see if it satisfies you. You can upgrade based on your experience with it.

I was almost decided to buy R.A.T 9

Then few of my friends said about the issues...so on half mind now..I just love the model..but I will be doing 5+ hour gaming everyday.. reliability s a major concern for me..so I have only one option I guess Razer Mamba:)

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

M950 being a wireless mouse isn't that good for games ,but by far the most comfortable mouse.

I have the MX revolution a more expensive, advanced predecessor of the M950 and it just doesn't cut for multiplayer FPS gaming,i now use a dedicated wired gaming mouse G500,its so much better for FPS gaming.

Yeah, I was talking about Laptop mouse which I've been using till now. I think I'm check how I feel with G400 and decide after that if I need to go for another mouse which is better. If not then I think I'll sell the G400 and buy a G300 which is a small sized mouse. All my gaming is on PS3 and so I'm not so much bothered about gaming performance as of now. All I need is precision and reliability for my photo editing work. I was thinking about M950 as my friend has suggested me that. I think MX revolution is no longer available.

The thing which made be stick with logitech apart from the quality is the hyper scroll wheel available in G500,G700 and M950 ,MX revolution mouse.

After using that its hard to switch to any other mouse without that feature.

In my g500(applies to g700,M950) while in gaming i use the click -click function and for browsing i use the free scroll model.There is a mechanical switch just before the scroll wheel which changes the mode.

In the G9x the switch is located at buttom of the mouse next to laser sensor making it useless.

In my MX revolution it used a even more sophisticated electronic smart shift the software automatically detects the application and switches it using a electric motor exploded view here http://images.gizmag...24080672902.jpg , http://images.gizmag...24080673121.jpg ,it can also be changed manually by pressing the scroll wheel.

Yeah, I was talking about Laptop mouse which I've been using till now. I think I'm check how I feel with G400 and decide after that if I need to go for another mouse which is better. If not then I think I'll sell the G400 and buy a G300 which is a small sized mouse. All my gaming is on PS3 and so I'm not so much bothered about gaming performance as of now. All I need is precision and reliability for my photo editing work. I was thinking about M950 as my friend has suggested me that. I think MX revolution is no longer available.

If you want a good small size mouse, which can perform as a decent gaming mouse, look no further than the Logitech G300 it is a reliable bugger with a lot to flaunt in its tiny frame.

If you want a local review, I have done one and it is a good budget mouse --> http://www.techenclave.com/topic/510105-logitech-g300-review/.

I will rate it above the Logitech G400 if only because of the multitude of features it offers over the the latter [G400], LED profile lighting, 3 onboard profiles and ambidextrous layout.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

I've placed an order for G300 as the G400 I've previously ordered is out of stock with the seller. Now waiting for the G300 to get delivered soon. May be I'll try a bigger sized mouse later as I hope that G300 should solve my purpose for time being.

Back