Major Shift in PSU architecture 12VO SFX PSUs for Tiny, Efficient Systems

12VO and the efficiency improvements it brings are mainly for corporations with thousands of PCs, where even 0.5% or 1% more efficiency due to 12VO is significant.

It is not and will not be significant for the DIYer. I dont see it even coming to this market.

12VO and the efficiency improvements it brings are mainly for corporations with thousands of PCs, where even 0.5% or 1% more efficiency due to 12VO is significant.

It is not and will not be significant for the DIYer. I dont see it even coming to this market.
true , i think the additional power control components will also end up on motherboards another headache , but than this is maybe aimed at oems and for low end system and who knows

Big OEMs like Dell, HP, Lenovo are already using 12vo type (not strictly 12vo but similar) PSUs. Everything is soldered onto the Mobo.

As you said, 12vo brings nothing on the table for DIY PC enthusiasts.

Back