Linux Mandriva 2009 Lacks Wvdial

hi ppl,

as the topic says I have installed mandriva 2009 Linux.
Now the problem is that I use Tata wireless Phone to Connect to internet, I used wvdial tool & GnomePPP in Ubuntu for this purpose, But now that I have Installed Mandriva2009 (Gnome) there is no wvdial support in it. I m not getting any .Deb File to install wvdial also. Looks Like I made a Big Mistake by Installing Mandriva Over ubuntu. any Experts Here Have any Suggestion ???

Look around for similar options in Mandriva's control panel? Something like "modem" connection/dialling etc?

But I agree, it was a big big big mistake installing Mandriva over Ubuntu :p ehehe

now dark star will "moderate" the heck outta me

tried to install but it gives me the following error. then nothing happens.

plz check the attached file.

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 91
Have you used Mandriva Control Center to configure net ! If not please navigate to Mandriva Control Center from the Big Monitor Icon near Firefox, and under Network and internet create a new connection

As far as packages are concerned you can install anypackage from Mandriva Add/remove :) no need to lurk around for packages :tongue:

Dark Star said:
Have you used Mandriva Control Center to configure net ! If not please navigate to Mandriva Control Center from the Big Monitor Icon near Firefox, and under Network and internet create a new connection

As far as packages are concerned you can install anypackage from Mandriva Add/remove :) no need to lurk around for packages :tongue:

Mandriva Control Center is useless 4 me as only option for me to use is gprs connect in that also it requires sim Pin number which i dont have.

Installing from add/remove is not an option as i need to have internet connection.

I hope this doesnt mean you wont run Linux altogether.... you can try others: Ubuntu, Fedora, openSUSE are my top suggestions...

vishalrao said:
I hope this doesnt mean you wont run Linux altogether.... you can try others: Ubuntu, Fedora, openSUSE are my top suggestions...

No Man i m using ubuntu for more than 7-8 months. its only that i was curious about mandriva. but it was a mistake replacing it over ubuntu.

Back