Mangal Pandey - The Rising..Post your views here

cybershastri

Disciple
Hi all,

Post your views about the movie Mangal Pandey - The Rising here. What you liked, what you disliked. Everything about Mangal Pandey movie goes here.

It's good, but it think it was terribly overhyped. The ending got wrapped up too quickly. oh and Amisha Patel is absolutely wrongly cast for her role.
All the other performances were good and for once, even though songs were in abundance, they added to the film. I wasn't tearing my hair waiting for the song to finish and movie to proceed.
And one last thing, this film could have done with some more emotion. Everything was carried out very matter-of-factly.

I'd give it a 7.5/10

yeh seen it today, man "no way" going to oscars, "no way"

the story was good enough (expected) but some scenes could have been directed better , in simple says, nothing special in direction n all.

saw the movie today...its a good movie...but no great.....its worth watchin once...but i do not understanf what did it get a Standing ovation at the film festival it was showed in....locarno it was smthing like that....

ice i read it..... wasnt a standing ovation lik that...it was lik movie completed ppl clapped(4-5second) and left..........even the reviwer present over there said it wasnt an ovation....but u know the journalist overhyping silly things lik once leander paes defeated andre agassi(he was number 1 ) at that time...and headline was leander will b tennis sensation in world tennis...and in next match he lost to person who was 50th position down than leander in ranking

it was a total bogus movie ....... y they can't make a movie on original story ...... its very bad playing with the character of legend like Mangal Pandey ...... y they tried to make a love story .... it was complete crap ......

well in news they were showing half the story is fake......rani character was fake(not a real one)...also mangal pandey was hanged in private(wasnt disclosed in crowd)....but heard its the other way.......i havent seen the movie yet...its all news

I had seen the movie yesterday.... there is nothing spectacular about it..... Amir acted well...but there are very few instances where u will jump up ur seat and shout JAI HIND :p ....something that i expected from a movie which was hyped to such an extent... moreover..there is a lot of speculation/criticism on the originality of the story....

Well one thing is that the accurate facts might not have been "spicy" enough for a Bollywood film. And as always, to make the film atleast a little interesting, Bollywood probably had to deviate from the original story.

yeah but in this case, they have gone a bit far(in the deviated route that is :p)...dropped plans of watching this movie, dont want to watch this anymore :(

aamir told the fake characters were made to show that english men used to run prostitute business(dont know the xat word..lol).....so rani character was created...amisha character becoz english men were interested in indian womens.......

jus saw the movie...i guess its really a nice movie........but since the ending is some type of loss(death of the hero) so public is not liking the movie...i guess so did bhagat singh movie failed...and lagan and border worked becoz in ending it was our victory....
i guess movie message is 1 person do can change the country.......and i will b happy if i can apply this theory in my life

magnet said:
but since the ending is some type of loss(death of the hero) so public is not liking the movie...i guess so did bhagat singh movie failed

Whole movie is fake. At least they are correct in this aspect. If they did not kill the hero in the movie then no one would watch it. And the movie wouldnt be called Mangal Pandey. :)

cybershastri said:
Whole movie is fake. At least they are correct in this aspect. If they did not kill the hero in the movie then no one would watch it. And the movie wouldnt be called Mangal Pandey. :)
i meant the ending is sad....and any independence movie with sad ending in india is never superhit........check yaken(china war)......bhagat singh.....etc...
btw i guess kailash kher will definately get best singer award...........

It was ok...theres bound to be some fiction in a movie, I think they mentioned the same right before it started on screen...movies have to have a little drama...especially hindi...the audience come to get entertained(majority of the crowd, meaning they like some with some spice, not something too realistic, theres a different crowd for that)...I did feel extrmely angry at some of the scenes when they depicted the british dissent towards Indians...some of it was surely there...the way it was shown...and it just made me wonder how much Indians did put up with at that time

Back