Mangal Pandey - The Rising..Post your views here

well..had read a whole lot of previews, views and opinions abt the movie..so i had been to watch the movie..on the whole i liked it.. contarary to wht some said tht the movie had unnecessary love story.. i dont think it was true..well..there were a few scenes here and there which were unnecessary,,but i dont think they completely deviated from wht they intended to do..surely they must have done a lot of research on him.. Glad tht i now know many things which i didnt knew earlier about wht the British called as "Sepoy Mutiny"

I watched the movie yesterday and just loved it.See actually I had heard many -ve thoughts abt the movie and I was pleasenly surprised to find it so engaging....

+ve= performances;; 1st= stephens
2nd=khan
two songs are just great= vari vari and "mangal mangal"
sets and cinematography

-ve = 1)amisha patel:
2)other songs that have been frced in the narrative,espacially the holi song (sung by khan himself)

3)hype

best scenes: well I have 2 scenes that are my fav:

1) watch it out when stephens tries to defend aamir in the end of the film an the english court.
2)when an english officer beats an indian mercillesly fr spilling drinks on n english lady's dress. watch out fr kan's seething anger in that scene;; It will giv u goosebumps!
3)one more scene is there; where aamir is wounded after saving stephen;s life in afghanistan.stephens goes and gifts his pistol to aamir.

this is my fav movie this year; But I have'nt yet watched sarkar.

Yuhooo...aka911.. looks like we both have same taste! ;)
Come to think of it.. I have a crush on Toby Stephans after i saw the movie..:love:
stephens trying to defend aamir in the end of the film an the english court is alos my fav scene..
All I say is..amidst all controversy..this movie is a welcome relief from those which choose to potray the same old bakwaas love story, violence, adultery, loot, murders etc.:clap:

hmmm... so there are some people who like this movie...

but then I fail to understand why baarsat is doing better then this movie in the BO.

Its the MOB...u still require some kind of an adept audience to appreciate finer points in a movie. I was surprised when on a tv show, a film critic said tht directors who make realistic films should avoid doing so since people go to the movies to get entertained n nt remember about harsher realities of life...well I dont totally agree, u think that people do go to get entertained n "gettin entertained" is a very subjective term....to some it might be to see heroines gyrating to all kindsa senti music in skimpy...n to others it mght somethin like the expression of a director's theme which he likes to portray n see how he has portrayed it n how well he has been able to portray it to all levels of ppl

Back