Market Scenario, Purchase of iPhone 4

vibhorwadhawan

Disciple
Hi, Recently sold 2 iPhone 4s over the net, also posted a thread in members market as well, link here

Now want to get my hands again on an iphone 4 irrespective whether the phone is factory unlocked( Sim Free ) OR Software Unlocked OR Locked on 4.0.2, the only thing is it should be a good low price deal.

The prices/deals that I came across on 06/10/2010 were :

iPhone 4 - 16 GB - Factory Unlocked - Rs. 36000
Software Unlocked - Rs. 33500
Locked on 4.0.2 - Rs. 30000

32 GB - Factory Unlocked - Rs. 40500
Software Unlocked - Rs. 38000
Locked on 4.0.2 - Rs. 35000

Questions popping in my mind like popcorn :
# Are these prices expected to fall in 2-3 weeks? and by how much ?
# When is Airtel/Vodafone expected to launch it in India, Price ?
# Is it worth to buy locked iphone at these or at lower prices?
Though its a 'Yes' from my Father on the purchase but you never know when the 'Yes' changes :p

I would like to know prices you came across in your city & help me purchase a new iphone 4 a.s.a.p.

THANKS
P.S. - If Moderators think thread is in wrong section they may move it to the appropriate one. :)

Donot hold me responsible for the following info, I have no contacts anywhere

-In iOS 4.1, I have noticed an option for Hindi, Marathi etc. AFAIK, I havent seen this in 4.0 or even 4.0.2.

-Vodafone and Airtel have announced iPhones in Sept-Oct.

-There is no full Hindi support in OS 4.1, just date etc, but 4.2 release is just around the corner

I put 2+2 together and figure that 4.2 will prolly even have Hindi keyboards etc, and will lead to iPhone 4 Launch in India.

I think you make it look as if you are saying that,

I ripped off a few people by selling the iphones for a high price, please help be buy another one from the profit I made.

Not a nice thing to do IMO

Nonetheless

1. No they are not expected to fall.

2. Somewhere around diwali according to vodafone

3. Yes it is, if you can wait and have no other source and don't have the budget.

@vibhor ur prices are spot on only that the software unlocked 16gb is at 32k in mumbai . so 32gb must be 1-2k lesser than ur price as well

no point in buying locked phone as that is a dead investment .

fac unlocked 32gb is available at 39-40k now but u need good contacts for that . 16gb fac unlocked is 36k -37k

expect prices to drop in 2 weeks easily and stabalize at 16gb for 34-36k and 32gb for 38-40k for fac unlocked .
personally i think software unlocked are not worth it . fac unlocked is a better option .

airtel will launch it during diwali for sure as they cannot afford to miss that deadline but all is still speculation and no dates announced by airtel as yet

nitant said:
Donot hold me responsible for the following info.
Brother, I am just asking about estimates/idea & not blaming anyone. :)

mjumrani said:
I think you make it look as if you are saying that,

I ripped off a few people by selling the iphones for a high price, please help be buy another one from the profit I made.
Actually Sold phones at a very low rate one in late 30's. & I don't think I ripped people off, rather they purchased it willingly.

khanvis2009 said:
no point in buying locked phone as that is a dead investment.
Is any unlock of 4.0.2 or 4.1 expected soon as 4.1 has a different baseband?

I totally agree with Dead Investment point but have seen one thing that from iphone 2G - 4G all have been jailbroken & unlocked as soon as the new firmware is released & what if I am getting a iphone 32Gb for 32K itself on 4.0.2. ?

Is it worth 32K or less ?

@mjumrani's @khanvis2009 @nitant - any Idea about what will be Aitel/Vodafone iphone 4's expected price ? & Thanks for the reply. :)

32gb for 32k is awesome. If real, you should buy it.

And you can forget about Airtel / Vodafone launching the iPhone4 by Diwali !

What about their 3GS sales / targets ? It will be sometime next year when the world prepares for iPhone gen 5.

I think that, unless India shows up on the launch roadmap for an iDevice during Apple Press events, it's pretty sure we get it during it's end cycle.

What with 88 countries getting it last month. 88. But not India.

There are countries in that list that might not even exist on everyone's world maps :p

rajshah said:
32gb for 32k is awesome. If real, you should buy it.

What with 88 countries getting it last month. 88. But not India.
Now 31K for 32GB locked on 4.0.2 brother, is it still worth ?

Donno what will be the permutation & combinations of the unlock when released & whether it will apply to iphone 4.

Apple announced the list of countries where iphone was to be launched in beginning of September. In that there was no name of India. I think its obvious that when 3GS is here 4 should also be soon available.

I think if you have enough patience to wait for the unlock to come, then you can consider this.

The unlock could come tomorrow, next week, or next month. It is all just speculation.

Though it should be noted that even though the prices of iphone 4 factory unlocked pieces have been falling slowly and steadily, you can't expect a big fall in their prices as if you consider it then actual price of an iphone 4, 30k(16GB) and 35k(32GB), and then add the dealer profit to it then there is not much room left for a drop. I expect a further 2-3k fall at best, that too if stock situation improves and it will take a while for even that drop to happen.

Take it for 31k eyes closed.

greenpois0n will release on 10/10/10. It will jialbreak your iPhone4.

And since you are at 4.0.2 and BB 1.59, the ultrasn0w unlock will work. :)

Total win situation. I say buy it or PM me that sellers # ;)

rajshah said:
Take it for 31k eyes closed.
greenpois0n will release on 10/10/10. It will jialbreak your iPhone4.

Yes Brother, I also came to know about it yesterday night.

mjumrani said:
Anyways, 32GB for 31k. It can't go down any further than that. Ever. Take it.

Yes indeed i too couldn't resist & went to him further negotiated & he was ready to sell me @30.5K that too 4.0.2 with BB 1.59.
But the problem I found was camera shutter wasn't opening when tapped on camera. Is it a software or a hardware problem?
Confused with the deal. HELP!

khanvis2009 said:
a locked iphone is as good as a paperweight .

I know brother, but unlock will be out on sunday.

Finally went to that shop, his own employee told that this phone is one those who had camera defect, so left it right there & confirmed from my links that there were few iphone with the problem they also confirmed rise in price by 1-2K due to long waiting period internationally.

Back