Market Section - Product Pricing n Discussions [NO Price checks]

@.shreeranga reports will always suggest some or the other fault with nearly every component ever produced "Various users", "various sources", "various reports".
"It's been reported"; "Several users have faced" etc.

Please back up these "reports" with substantial links/articles, and not one-off instances on something such as Reddit.
Agreed. He should have linked the sources for all those claims.

Some points such as no. 9 are nonsensical - CPUs, GPUs, memory and motherboards are hardy components and last much longer than 3 years. Why would they "potentially fail soon"? Would you have any solid statistics to back that claim up?
Would you prefer to buy a new product that has no warranty or 5 year warranty, at the same price? That's the point he was trying to make. Warranty gives you a guaranteed period of operation. If it fails, you can get a replacement.

I'm sorry, but this sounds like the rant of a cheapskate.
Paying so much for stuff that is out of warranty makes no sense, it's illogical and nothing to do with being a cheapskate. And unlike mechanical products, it is nearly impossible to ascertain how much life is left in an electronic device or to repair them. So if/when it fails, it's just a total loss for the buyer.

For reference here's what 1 lakh can get you brand new, with FULL warranty and performs WAY better than a 3700X!
R5 7600 + B650M + 64GB + 1000W + same case + similar SSD = 79k.
Use the remainder to get a better GPU than 2070S.

Basically, newer low tier products blow older top/mid tier out of the water AND give you warranty. Unless the seller lists it for significantly lower, there's really no sense in buying at that price. Here's a listing for a 3 month old 7700X +B650m + 32GB @ 50k for reference. Includes warranty.

I feel some people here live in their own bubble and think they can quote whatever price they feel like, having no idea how little their used stuff is actually worth. With the restriction of price discussion on the sales thread, they continue to live in a well and complain of getting low-balled.

If you still feel otherwise, I have a delidded 3770k w/ Liquid Metal + 32GB + Z77X that I can post a FS thread for a mouth watering price of just 99,999 ;) Else you should retract your statement about the new member and welcome them instead.

Which thread did this even get moved from?

Edit: This one I guess. The mention of 5800x confused me, that thread doesn't have a 5800x for sale.

@.shreeranga reports will always suggest some or the other fault with nearly every component ever produced "Various users", "various sources", "various reports".
(a) Thank you for noticing and correcting the mistake. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused. As rightly guessed my message was an intended reply to the below thread discussion:

(b) The typographical mistake has been acknowledged and corrected. I meant to write the CPU in the gaming PC for sale is a Ryzen 7 3700X, not a Ryzen 7 5800X.

As for your comment about my reports always suggesting some fault or other fault with nearly every component ever produced, I would like to say that I am simply trying to be thorough and ensure the seller is aware of all the potential risks for the buyer.

I understand that there are many reliable components out there, but I also know that there are many lemons. I would rather err on the side of caution and point out potential problems than blindly buy it that they are not happy with.

Here are some sources that report on the widely reported issues regarding the components in the gaming PC for sale:

Ryzen 7 3700X overheating issues:
Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC BIOS issues:
XPG DDR4 Gammix D30 compatibility issues:
Inno3D RTX 2070 Super Twin coil whine issues:
Corsair RM1000X fan noise issues:
ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro performance issues:
Corsair Air Carbide 540 airflow issues:
Gamdias Aeolus M12-1240R ARGB and Corsair H110 radiator fan noise issues:

(1) Overheating issues with the Ryzen 7 3700X:
-> Various users have reported overheating issues with the Ryzen 7 3700X on various forums and websites, including Reddit, TechPowerUp, and Tom's Hardware.
--> One cause of these overheating issues is the CPU's high boost clock speeds.
--> Another cause is the CPU's relatively low TDP.

(2) BIOS issues with the Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC:
--> Various users have reported BIOS issues with the Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC on various forums and websites, including Reddit, TechPowerUp, and Overclockers.net.
--> One common BIOS issue is that the motherboard may not boot properly.
--> Another common BIOS issue is that the motherboard may not overclock the CPU properly.

(3) Compatibility issues with the XPG DDR4 Gammix D30:
--> Various users have reported compatibility issues with the XPG DDR4 Gammix D30 on various forums and websites, including Reddit, TechPowerUp, and Overclocker.net.
--> One common compatibility issue is that the RAM may not run at its rated speed.
--> Another common compatibility issue is that the RAM may not run in dual channel mode.

(4) Coil whine issues with the Inno3D RTX 2070 Super Twin:
--> Various users have reported coil whine issues with the Inno3D RTX 2070 Super Twin on various forums and websites, including Reddit, TechPowerUp, and Overclockers.net.
--> Coil whine is a high-pitched noise that can be emitted from certain electronic components, such as GPUs.
--> It is not clear what causes coil whine, but it is not harmful to the GPU.

(5) Fan noise issues with the Corsair RM1000X:
--> Various users have reported fan noise issues with the Corsair RM1000X on various forums and websites, including Reddit, TechPowerUp, and Overclockers.net.
--> One common fan noise issue is that the PSU fan may be too loud.
--> Another common fan noise issue is that the PSU fan may make a rattling noise.

(6) Performance issues with the ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro:
--> Various users have reported performance issues with the ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro on various forums and websites, including Reddit, TechPowerUp, and AnandTech.
--> One common performance issue is that the SSD may not reach its rated read and write speeds.
--> Another common performance issue is that the SSD may experience latency issues.

(7) Airflow issues with the Corsair Air Carbide 540:
--> Various users have reported airflow issues with the Corsair Air Carbide 540 on various forums and websites, including Reddit, TechPowerUp, and Overclockers.net.
--> One common airflow issue is that the case does not have good airflow at the front.
--> Another common airflow issue is that the case does not have good airflow at the top.

(8) Noise issues with the Gamdias Aeolus M12-1240R ARGB and Corsair H110 radiator fans:
--> Various users have reported noise issues with the Gamdias Aeolus M12-1240R ARGB and Corsair H110 radiator fans on various forums and websites, including Reddit, TechPowerUp, and Overclockers.net.
--> One common noise issue is that the fans may be too loud.
--> Another common noise issue is that the fans may make a rattling noise.

Expected performance life of the components:
The expected performance life of the components in the system is difficult to predict, as it depends on a number of factors, such as the quality of the components, the way the system was used, and the operating environment. Although CPUs, GPUs, memory, and motherboards can last for few years. However, it is important to note that all electronic components have a finite lifespan, and they will eventually fail. It is therefore important to estimate a reasonable performance life while purchasing pre-owned items, that too after multiple owners.

However, thank you for your feedback. I will try my best to find sources that contain "various users", "various sources", and "various reports" that have reported the faults I had suggested previously. I will then list them, mentioning against each suggestion I have made.

Agreed. He should have linked the sources for all those claims.

Would you prefer to buy a new product that has no warranty or 5 year warranty, at the same price? That's the point he was trying to make. Warranty gives you a guaranteed period of operation. If it fails, you can get a replacement.

Paying so much for stuff that is out of warranty makes no sense, it's illogical and nothing to do with being a cheapskate. And unlike mechanical products, it is nearly impossible to ascertain how much life is left in an electronic device or to repair them. So if/when it fails, it's just a total loss for the buyer.

For reference here's what 1 lakh can get you brand new, with FULL warranty and performs WAY better than a 3700X!

Basically, newer low tier products blow older top/mid tier out of the water AND give you warranty. Unless the seller lists it for significantly lower, there's really no sense in buying at that price. Here's a listing for a 3 month old 7700X +B650m + 32GB @ 50k for reference. Includes warranty.

I feel some people here live in their own bubble and think they can quote whatever price they feel like, having no idea how little their used stuff is actually worth. With the restriction of price discussion on the sales thread, they continue to live in a well and complain of getting low-balled.

If you still feel otherwise, I have a delidded 3770k w/ Liquid Metal + 32GB + Z77X that I can post a FS thread for a mouth watering price of just 99,999 ;) Else you should retract your statement about the new member and welcome them instead.
Updated price is 60k instead of 1 Lakh.

(a) Thank you for noticing and correcting the mistake. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused. As rightly guessed my message was an intended reply to the below thread discussion:

(b) The typographical mistake has been acknowledged and corrected. I meant to write the CPU in the gaming PC for sale is a Ryzen 7 3700X, not a Ryzen 7 5800X.

As for your comment about my reports always suggesting some fault or other fault with nearly every component ever produced, I would like to say that I am simply trying to be thorough and ensure the seller is aware of all the potential risks for the buyer.

I understand that there are many reliable components out there, but I also know that there are many lemons. I would rather err on the side of caution and point out potential problems than blindly buy it that they are not happy with.

Here are some sources that report on the widely reported issues regarding the components in the gaming PC for sale:

Ryzen 7 3700X overheating issues:
Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC BIOS issues:
XPG DDR4 Gammix D30 compatibility issues:
Inno3D RTX 2070 Super Twin coil whine issues:
Corsair RM1000X fan noise issues:
ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro performance issues:
Corsair Air Carbide 540 airflow issues:
Gamdias Aeolus M12-1240R ARGB and Corsair H110 radiator fan noise issues:

(1) Overheating issues with the Ryzen 7 3700X:
-> Various users have reported overheating issues with the Ryzen 7 3700X on various forums and websites, including Reddit, TechPowerUp, and Tom's Hardware.
--> One cause of these overheating issues is the CPU's high boost clock speeds.
--> Another cause is the CPU's relatively low TDP.

(2) BIOS issues with the Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC:
--> Various users have reported BIOS issues with the Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC on various forums and websites, including Reddit, TechPowerUp, and Overclockers.net.
--> One common BIOS issue is that the motherboard may not boot properly.
--> Another common BIOS issue is that the motherboard may not overclock the CPU properly.

(3) Compatibility issues with the XPG DDR4 Gammix D30:
--> Various users have reported compatibility issues with the XPG DDR4 Gammix D30 on various forums and websites, including Reddit, TechPowerUp, and Overclocker.net.
--> One common compatibility issue is that the RAM may not run at its rated speed.
--> Another common compatibility issue is that the RAM may not run in dual channel mode.

(4) Coil whine issues with the Inno3D RTX 2070 Super Twin:
--> Various users have reported coil whine issues with the Inno3D RTX 2070 Super Twin on various forums and websites, including Reddit, TechPowerUp, and Overclockers.net.
--> Coil whine is a high-pitched noise that can be emitted from certain electronic components, such as GPUs.
--> It is not clear what causes coil whine, but it is not harmful to the GPU.

(5) Fan noise issues with the Corsair RM1000X:
--> Various users have reported fan noise issues with the Corsair RM1000X on various forums and websites, including Reddit, TechPowerUp, and Overclockers.net.
--> One common fan noise issue is that the PSU fan may be too loud.
--> Another common fan noise issue is that the PSU fan may make a rattling noise.

(6) Performance issues with the ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro:
--> Various users have reported performance issues with the ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro on various forums and websites, including Reddit, TechPowerUp, and AnandTech.
--> One common performance issue is that the SSD may not reach its rated read and write speeds.
--> Another common performance issue is that the SSD may experience latency issues.

(7) Airflow issues with the Corsair Air Carbide 540:
--> Various users have reported airflow issues with the Corsair Air Carbide 540 on various forums and websites, including Reddit, TechPowerUp, and Overclockers.net.
--> One common airflow issue is that the case does not have good airflow at the front.
--> Another common airflow issue is that the case does not have good airflow at the top.

(8) Noise issues with the Gamdias Aeolus M12-1240R ARGB and Corsair H110 radiator fans:
--> Various users have reported noise issues with the Gamdias Aeolus M12-1240R ARGB and Corsair H110 radiator fans on various forums and websites, including Reddit, TechPowerUp, and Overclockers.net.
--> One common noise issue is that the fans may be too loud.
--> Another common noise issue is that the fans may make a rattling noise.

Expected performance life of the components:
The expected performance life of the components in the system is difficult to predict, as it depends on a number of factors, such as the quality of the components, the way the system was used, and the operating environment. Although CPUs, GPUs, memory, and motherboards can last for few years. However, it is important to note that all electronic components have a finite lifespan, and they will eventually fail. It is therefore important to estimate a reasonable performance life while purchasing pre-owned items, that too after multiple owners.

However, thank you for your feedback. I will try my best to find sources that contain "various users", "various sources", and "various reports" that have reported the faults I had suggested previously. I will then list them, mentioning against each suggestion I have made.
Am I the only one thinking this is a ChatGPT bot or something similar ?

I'm sorry, but this sounds like the rant of a cheapskate.

"It's been reported"; "Several users have faced" etc.

Please back up these "reports" with substantial links/articles, and not one-off instances on something such as Reddit.

Why are you even interested in the system, since it has so many "faults"?

Some points such as no. 9 are nonsensical - CPUs, GPUs, memory and motherboards are hardy components and last much longer than 3 years. Why would they "potentially fail soon"? Would you have any solid statistics to back that claim up?

Also, link the correct thread that this is aimed at.
I'm sorry, but your response comes across as rude and dismissive. It's important to be respectful, even if you disagree, are sceptical about facing the facts, or are afraid to digest the realities. It’s always good to be mindful while slurring, but remember that it’s also important to treat yourself every once in a while. whereas, I am simply trying to help the seller sell his hank informally.

As for your question about why I am even interested in the system if it has so many "faults," my answer is simple:

I'm interested in the system because I'm smartly shopping for a good deal on a high-performance system by buying used, but I'm also smart enough to know that I need to do my research and avoid buying junk.

Obviously, newer versions of systems and components come with a premium price tag, while refurbished systems and components come with a failure risk. Between these, it is essential to strike a balance through negotiations. Dodging negotiation means insensitively compelling the unaffordable to compromise. Besides, don't be a fool. Just because a prospective buyer does not want to pay the premium rates, it does not mean he has to buy some piece of junk, old, used, and full of problems. So do yourself a favor by checking what is pricking your ass, don't get so provoked as your intimidation is portraying the extent of your stupidity. Appreciating that there is a risk associated with buying a used or refurbished system, I have only thoughtfully weighed those risks

Regarding my comment, no. 9 was "All over three years old, CPU, motherboard, RAM, and GPU are likely to fail soon, so the expected performance life is too little remaining."
My comment is absolutely sensual, unlike his nonsensical imbroglio!
CPUs, GPUs, memory, and motherboards are the most fragile and gentle components that certainly cannot survive agelessly. So, as a potential buyer, it is reasonable to evaluate the probable residual life beyond 3 years of continuous usability; the expected usability further would be less.,

Yet, a specific response to your intimidation is,
I've also done some research on the potential risks, and only tried to understand the potential problems that might occur. However, I'm confident that I can mitigate these risks by carefully inspecting the system before I buy it and saving some resources as backup in case something goes wrong.

--> CPU: The Ryzen 7 3700X has been reported to have overheating issues.
--> Motherboard: The Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC has been reported to have BIOS issues.
--> RAM: The XPG DDR4 Gammix D30 has been reported to have compatibility issues with certain motherboards.
--> GPU: The Inno3D RTX 2070 Super Twin has been reported to have coil whine issues.
--> PSU: The Corsair RM1000X has been reported to have fan noise issues.
--> SSD: The ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro has been reported to have performance issues.
--> Case: The Corsair Air Carbide 540 has been reported to have airflow issues.
--> FAN: The Gamdias Aeolus M12-1240R ARGB and Corsair H110 radiator fans have been reported to have noise issues.

Finally, I am not saying that these problems will occur with this system, but it is important to be aware of the potential risks before spending "Hard-earned" money. And the best part is to note that the seller does not even have an invoice or warranty for the system. This means that if any part fails, the buyer would get totally screwed up with the burden of bearing all those associated losses, either repairing or replacing, in the unfortunate event of failure.

Besides the above, please spend a little time to school yourself on evaluating refurbished or pre-used system buying. It will be worth it in the long run. Below is a small set of suggested research readings that provide valuable insights about the usable life of CPUs reported by well-respected scholars and reliable leading publishers. Besides these research papers, there are also many online resources that provide information on the lifespan of other parts.

(a) Analysis of Product Lifetimes in a Technologically Dynamic Industry
Barry L. Bayus, (1998) Industry. Management Science 44(6):763-775, https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.44.6.763
A comprehensive study on the lifespan of CPUs (2018) by researchers at the University of California, Berkeley has found that the average lifespan of a CPU is around 6 years. However, it is important to note that the actual lifespan of a CPU can vary depending on several factors, such as usage, temperature, and maintenance.

(a) Breakdown and CPU Failure-Rate Estimation
(b) A Study on the Lifetime of CPUs (2018) by researchers at the University of California, Berkeley. This paper is the most recent and comprehensive study on the lifespan of CPUs. It found that the average lifespan of a CPU is around 6 years, but that the actual lifespan can vary depending on several factors, such as the quality of the CPU, the way the system is used, and the operating environment.
(c) Lifetime Prediction Model (2020)
Scholars at the University of Patras, Greece, have shown the power consumption of a platform functionality with discharge characteristics, and provided a reasonable and accurate lifetime prediction model. Likely, a Reliability Model for CPUs developed by researchers at IBM has predicted the lifespan of a CPU based on several factors, including the temperature and voltage of the CPU. In another complementary study by researchers at Intel on the Impact of aging on the Performance and Reliability of CPUs in 2017, they found CPUs can degrade over time, and that this degradation can lead to performance and reliability issues.
(d) AMD researchers reported the effects of overclocking on the Lifespan of CPUs in 2015 that overclocking can shorten the lifespan of a CPU.
(e) Corsair researchers studied the Impact of cooling on the Lifespan of CPUs in 2014 and found that proper cooling can extend the lifespan of a CPU.

I hope you'll reconsider your tone and be more respectful in your future responses.

I'm sorry, but your response comes across as rude and dismissive. It's important to be respectful, even if you disagree, are sceptical about facing the facts, or are afraid to digest the realities. It’s always good to be mindful while slurring, but remember that it’s also important to treat yourself every once in a while. whereas, I am simply trying to help the seller sell his hank informally.

As for your question about why I am even interested in the system if it has so many "faults," my answer is simple:

I'm interested in the system because I'm smartly shopping for a good deal on a high-performance system by buying used, but I'm also smart enough to know that I need to do my research and avoid buying junk.

Obviously, newer versions of systems and components come with a premium price tag, while refurbished systems and components come with a failure risk. Between these, it is essential to strike a balance through negotiations. Dodging negotiation means insensitively compelling the unaffordable to compromise. Besides, don't be a fool. Just because a prospective buyer does not want to pay the premium rates, it does not mean he has to buy some piece of junk, old, used, and full of problems. So do yourself a favor by checking what is pricking your ass, don't get so provoked as your intimidation is portraying the extent of your stupidity. Appreciating that there is a risk associated with buying a used or refurbished system, I have only thoughtfully weighed those risks

Regarding my comment, no. 9 was "All over three years old, CPU, motherboard, RAM, and GPU are likely to fail soon, so the expected performance life is too little remaining."
CPUs, GPUs, memory, and motherboards are the most fragile and gentle components that certainly cannot survive agelessly. So, as a potential buyer, it is reasonable to evaluate the probable residual life beyond 3 years of continuous usability; the expected usability further would be less.,

I've also done some research on the potential risks, and only tried to understand the potential problems that might occur. However, I'm confident that I can mitigate these risks by carefully inspecting the system before I buy it and saving some resources as backup in case something goes wrong.

--> Motherboard: The Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC has been reported to have BIOS issues.
--> RAM: The XPG DDR4 Gammix D30 has been reported to have compatibility issues with certain motherboards.
--> GPU: The Inno3D RTX 2070 Super Twin has been reported to have coil whine issues.
--> FAN: The Gamdias Aeolus M12-1240R ARGB and Corsair H110 radiator fans have been reported to have noise issues.

Finally, I am not saying that these problems will occur with this system, but it is important to be aware of the potential risks before spending "Hard-earned" money. And the best part is to note that the seller does not even have an invoice or warranty for the system. This means that if any part fails, the buyer would get totally screwed up with the burden of bearing all those associated losses, either repairing or replacing, in the unfortunate event of failure.

Besides the above, please spend a little time to school yourself on evaluating refurbished or pre-used system buying. It will be worth it in the long run. Below is a small set of suggested research readings that provide valuable insights about the usable life of CPUs reported by well-respected scholars and reliable leading publishers. Besides these research papers, there are also many online resources that provide information on the lifespan of other parts.

Barry L. Bayus, (1998) Industry. Management Science 44(6):763-775, https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.44.6.763
A comprehensive study on the lifespan of CPUs (2018) by researchers at the University of California, Berkeley has found that the average lifespan of a CPU is around 6 years. However, it is important to note that the actual lifespan of a CPU can vary depending on several factors, such as usage, temperature, and maintenance.

(b) A Study on the Lifetime of CPUs (2018) by researchers at the University of California, Berkeley. This paper is the most recent and comprehensive study on the lifespan of CPUs. It found that the average lifespan of a CPU is around 6 years, but that the actual lifespan can vary depending on several factors, such as the quality of the CPU, the way the system is used, and the operating environment.
Scholars at the University of Patras, Greece, have shown the power consumption of a platform functionality with discharge characteristics, and provided a reasonable and accurate lifetime prediction model. Likely, a Reliability Model for CPUs developed by researchers at IBM has predicted the lifespan of a CPU based on several factors, including the temperature and voltage of the CPU. In another complementary study by researchers at Intel on the Impact of aging on the Performance and Reliability of CPUs in 2017, they found CPUs can degrade over time, and that this degradation can lead to performance and reliability issues.
(d) AMD researchers reported the effects of overclocking on the Lifespan of CPUs in 2015 that overclocking can shorten the lifespan of a CPU.
(e) Corsair researchers studied the Impact of cooling on the Lifespan of CPUs in 2014 and found that proper cooling can extend the lifespan of a CPU.

I hope you'll reconsider your tone and be more respectful in your future responses.
More chatgpt?

ChatGPT or something similar obsession seems to prick many ...,
I appreciate your attributing my critical clarifications, and understand your concerns about potential bias and prejudice in previous responses. But I want to clarify that I am a simple, real person out here in Bangalore and am excited to be a new member of this forum. I am here to learn from the experts and interact with those passionate about technology. I believe we can all benefit from each other's knowledge and insights.
I hope to contribute meaningfully to this forum and collaborate with fellow members to address the challenges to mutual benefit. In case my previous reply came across as critical, I will try to be more thoughtful in my interactions. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Bhai kitna ChatGPT karega. My tone was fine, I was just being straight, based on how I perceived it.

I also do not have to "school myself" on refurbished PC parts. I have been in the PC game long enough, with most of my parts being used growing up. Yes, it's a different debate when it's the question of warranty vs. no warranty. My point was that PC parts normally last longer than the timeframe that you think they should. Even your "Scholars" would agree.

By that logic, catastrophic part failures would be reported across multiple generations preceding 2020.

A few corrections on my part:

>I didn't know he was referring to a 3700X
>I didn't know which was the thread nor the pricing of it

Well, he didn't write it all on his own, that's for sure.

Bot.jpg

Last edited:
arey shreeranga sar, various sources have also confirmed that my PC is worth 60k

various sources: trust me bro

P.S: I understand that pricing it at 60k might be a bit much considering the hardware available right now but pricing it any lower feels like a kick in the balls because i paid 1.15L for it in Feb 2022 and didn't even use it a lot.

P.PS: Dropped the price to 50k. Selling to everybody but shreeGPT and friends.

Last edited:
Hello mods, I have had my sale thread deleted twice without any messages. Could you please let me know what information was missing. I’ve received messages regarding product but as there is no thread, we are unable to proceed.
This was the link-

@puns

Hello mods, I have had my sale thread deleted twice without any messages. Could you please let me know what information was missing. I’ve received messages regarding product but as there is no thread, we are unable to proceed.
This was the link-

@puns
dm'd you

Back