Market section - scams with compromised accounts

WOW! WTF!!

@shallg mate, I am sure this was the same guy who tried to dupe me. Kindly share his account details publicly. Hope you get your money back, mate.

I don't think its safe at all to buy a used GPU from the used market now unless mods do their due diligence before approving the thread, but then even some mod accounts have been compromised!!

My id was compromised too. Glad no one fell for it!
That's not true. I have been robbed aswell.
Did a complaint online.
Money was paid using UPI.
Their account details:-
PhonePe

Account name : sundarasami
ACCOUNT NUMBER :20268566663
IFSC CODE : SBIN0012797
BANK NAME : STATE BANK OF INDIA

WOW! WTF!!

@shallg mate, I am sure this was the same guy who tried to dupe me. Kindly share his account details publicly. Hope you get your money back, mate.

I don't think its safe at all to buy a used GPU from the used market now unless mods do their due diligence before approving the thread, but then even some mod accounts have been compromised!!
Not just GPU, getting anything even an inexpensive thing should be carefully done.
The best thing to do is always make a video call to the seller and ask them to show the product. If they keep talking normally, then everything is fine. They have the product.

Not just GPU, getting anything even an inexpensive thing should be carefully done.
The best thing to do is always make a video call to the seller and ask them to show the product. If they keep talking normally, then everything is fine. They have the product.
Mods should make this mandatory for a week/month atleast.

I had requested to setup 2fa for everyone just after I was almost duped but it got too late, I suppose.
Their account details:-
PhonePe

Account name : sundarasami
ACCOUNT NUMBER :20268566663
IFSC CODE : SBIN0012797
BANK NAME : STATE BANK OF INDIA
YES, This is the same guy.

Will Cybercrime Cell be able to track him with this??

Edit - This IFSC is of SBI branch in Reddiarpalayam, Pondicherry. Is there anyone from Pondicherry here? Can they help in any way?

Last edited:
I pointed out what's wrong in the thread 10 minutes after he posted at late night in 3:30 am.
Immediately he perhaps logged out and logged in with the compromised mod account. How do I know that? I saw the status of that guy (seller) being offline immediately and mod posting at 3:30 am?
And after the mod posted he became offline and seller's account online again. Looked weird but didn't prove anything.

Then again mod asking me to edit my post? Hell no! I wanted the buyer to still be aware about the edited pic and definitely he wasn't in possession of the card at all as suspected.
Market conditions made you trust this thing man, sad. Good luck with the criminal investigation and refund @shallg Hope it works out smoothly.
I posted the same observation as yours in that thread , well the post never got approved/ or was deleted :) ... ya looks like the Mods account was hacked too.

This is just the beginning if admins do not act strictly. For a long time there has been sale topics with half ass invoices. I mean who the hell allows something like that? An invoice should be posted in full and unedited, except for the personal details only. They mask half the things there. It is THE PROOF of the purchase. Also after the stunt pulled by Arunp few days back in respect to forgery of invoice, these invoices now need to be verified. One can contact the merchant directly and check but we all know this is India and how things going to work with different merchants. We that guy banned yet, Arun p?

I'm going to set a different pass for this site now (which is not used anywhere else), not that I care as admins were gracious to ban my main account but still once hacked always there a possibility onwards.

JUST BE STRICT WITH THE SALE TOPICS was my point.

The good thing is everything was quick and swift actions were taken by both members and moderators. Hope to hear some good news for the people who have fallen for the scams. I was being lazy for the 2FA for a while now but this pushed me into doing it asap.

someone might have got onto his computer and managed to grab cookies/passwords so made use of them
If it was only one account and he has used a different PC anytime before I would say keylogger. But three accounts were compromised back to back. I'm no engineer but there surely must be a hole somewhere on this forum or the software itself. The hacker won't tell us how that happened though.

What made it more suspicious was that the mod was forcing me to pay to him (mod) and the money will be safe. He also vouched for the seller and I told him I don't want to pay. Then the mod was insisiting me to pay after that also. I am new to this website and I was almost ready to pay if the invoice would have been there. The seller said he will send me invoice and go to his mom's to get the invoice only if I pay to him first.

Is there an expense involved in adding single sign on sso oauth capability with Gmail Hotmail and Facebook? That will reduce burden of security headaches.

Back