Graphic Cards Matrox releases world's first PCIe 1X graphic card

Sourabh

Disciple
Matrox releases world's first PCIe 1X graphic card

"The Montreal based company that used to be a big player in computer graphic finally released something unique. Matrox has just announced its Millennium G550 PCIe graphic card what is supposed to be the world's first PCIe 1X graphic card.

It should work in any PCIe slot you have and is intended to be compatible with any PCIe compliant slot. The card is based on Matrox G550 marchitecture and will support dual Head supping for using two digital or analogue displays at the same time."
Read More/Source: The Inquirer

Thanks for the Info Sourabh.

Millennium P650 PCIe 128, and Millennium P650 LP PCIe 64 cards. The card supports 32 MB of frame buffer memory, using 64 bit memory interface. The chip has only two pipelines but can process two textures per clock, but lacking the support for vertex Shader units.

Matrox goes one step forward as apart from Windows drivers, it will offer open source display driver for Linux and other Unixoid operating systems.

It will be available in August and it should cost $139

Source Same as above

More Info:- http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/comp_chart/gseries_pseries_parhelia.cfm

Matrox is the authority on medical displays and 2d graphic workstations.
Those people wouldn't touch our $700 3d accelerators with a 10 foot stick.

Matrox is like Motorola - the king of micro radio devices, wireless and cellphone technology.
You don't seen them doing any business, but they could easily buyout the nokias and nvidias any given day.
They don't target the average joe, but their technology is licensed by almost every consumer electronic manufacturer.

Yes, I think saumilsingh is right ! Once I went to a 3D design studio in Bangalore and they were using Quadro's on their higher PC and Matrox cards on the lower ones. I asked them wouldn't a 6800GT perform better for a little higher price, and they were like :huh: !

They swear by Matrox and say it has certain features for graphics professionals, god alone knows what they mean :eek:hyeah: !

Back