PC Peripherals Max HDDs that can be squeezed in Cooler Master Elite 360?

Sei

Skilled
A quick question -

I'm thinking of buying the Cooler Master Elite 360 for my HTPC (since we can even place it horizontally). I've currently got 4 HDDs and 1 DVD writer in my HTPC. Can I squeeze all this in the Cooler Master Elite 360?

me and joe (d_payne) ahd managed to squeeze in 4 hdds in his 360. we had to use two 5.25" to 3.5" converters and so there was no space left for an ODD

Ah great! This is seeming to be a nice option till I manage to gather some moolah for a Lian-Li case that I want. I think that I will have to do without the DVD writer for now. Anyways, I've just used it once in 2010. :p

Hope the 5.25" to 3.5" converters are easily available in the computer shop nearby.

PS: Any other case in the similar price range that can serve my purpose?

^He needs the case for housing the HTPC components so I am sure the Gamma sitting next to the 40" Bravia would most definitely be an eye-sore!

Where are you getting the Elite 360 ? It is completely out of stock in Bangalore. The ebay prices are at 150% of the 2k price in the local markets.

dOm1naTOr said:
You can easily attach 8 HDDs on a 2.2k NZXT Gamma. 6 on HDD bays and 2 on FDD bay.
Desecrator said:
^He needs the case for housing the HTPC components so I am sure the Gamma sitting next to the 40" Bravia would most definitely be an eye-sore!
Like the Daadhi waala guy said!

vinayaga said:
Where are you getting the Elite 360 ? It is completely out of stock in Bangalore. The ebay prices are at 150% of the 2k price in the local markets.
I've asked 2-3 vendors (who supply stuff to my company). They are going to revert back to me with quotes.

Try disposing off the drives with smaller capacities and get as many 2TB drives as possible. Will save you some real estate this way. :)

^ That is what I'm going to do eventually.

PS: I got a quote of Rs 1950 from a vendor for the Cooler Master Elite 360. I hope he understood the name correctly over the phone. Will go on Monday and check it out.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

dOm1naTOr said:
In total you can fit 8 HDDs and 4 ODDS simultaneously in a GAMMA.
Thanks again from mentioning that but I don't want a vertical style cabinet for my HTPC. Cooler Master Elite 360 can be placed horizontally too. That is the main reason why I'm thinking of going ahead with it.

^Excellente!

Keep us posted on the snaps of the innards and your overall setup. My setup has changed as well. Got an inexpensive HT setup from Philips that accepts 2 digital inputs. Mounted the tiny satellites. The MX is back to the desktop. :D

I've somehow managed to squeeze in 4 HDDs. 1 in the 3.5" bay, 1 in the FDD bay, 2 in the ODD bays. The hard disks in the ODD bays have been squeezed with cardboard, thermocol and bubble wrap since I couldn't find 5.25" to 3.5" converters. :ashamed:

Can someone guide me as to where I can get the converters?

That's really nice of you!! Actually I need 2 since there are 2 ODD bays. Did you get yours with the cabbie or did you buy them separately? Pune is hopeless if you want to get something out of the ordinary. :\

Back