Maximum Range router

anish_sha

Skilled
hi, i have bsnl dataone broadband connection and rite now i am using their type-2 modem(wifi). but the problem is that i cant get much range in that , also there a 3-4 thick walls in between my rooms, so i need a router which can be used as a repeater for this purpose, the only criteria is maximum range and easy to configure it as a repeater, i wont be using this for sharing files or printer, so suggest me a cheap & good one only for sharing internet..

I got strong signal with the same router ( SL2-141 ) from 20m and 3-4 thick walls :S could share inet connection even from 35m.

oh thats great... what abt the warranty and build quality?

hey i am getting this router for Rs.1324/- from ebay.. is it a good deal?

sabby said:
I got strong signal with the same router ( SL2-141 ) from 20m and 3-4 thick walls :S could share inet connection even from 35m.

SL2-141 is siemens rite?

anish_sha said:

TP-LINK is Chinese company. They made excellent routers with High range. I have TP-LINK WR541G which gives me crazy signals.It works all around my house incluiding the roof, plus houses adjacent to our place get about 30% signal using which you can connect easily.

Just check Warranty, As I brought mine all the way from mainland china. so not sure if TP-LINK have a official presence in India

atleast go for n-draft technology.

make sure the router and the wi-fi adapter has N-draft technology.

first try this, it should do job.

If you are investing money on router, dont go for g/b... make sure you have 802.11n

to use as a range extender, actually won't need a router. A pure access point will be OK and it will give you more performance with less configuration required...

I recommend Edimax EW-7206APg (54Mbps AP) with local support in India and 3Years warranty.

For more details on product and solutions, company provides mail back service so feel free to write back to support_india@edimax.com.tw for any further clarifications...

BR,
SJ :)

Back