Maximus - Yet Again

Well, this is something in progress for a long time, finally i see everything coming up the way i wanted it to to be, so let the pics do the talking, if you like what you see, don't forget to rate my rig.

this is the view from my bed -

DSC00942.jpg

DSC00945.jpg

The fabulous Dell US2408WFP -
DSC00948.jpg

DSC00949.jpg

DSC00952.jpg

Download rig -
DSC00946.jpg

Using BSNL500 plan, automated scheduling thanks to rPok and Switch, added another a PCMCIA LAN card to network with my main rig. HDD (IDE) upgraded to 160GB, all thanks to SMC for getting a fantastic price on the HDD & PCMCIA

DSC00947.jpg

No introduction needed, ladies here is Maximus -

DSC00954.jpg

The mighty Z2300, manages to shake the neighborhood-

DSC00953.jpg

Well, cabling was the most difficult part, keeping everything concealed was a pain, but it worked out just fine, here are the monitor connections -
DSC00957.jpg

Last but not the least - my bed, all thanks to Switch with a 5" spring mattress -
DSC00958.jpg

Shelves are courtesy Switch, very well made and fixed by myself, fastners courtesy another friend from Jain Fastners
Lastly, Thanks Switch (your pizza is still due from my side)

thanks guys,

Mouse pad with mouse rests on the bed on a glass platform (the bed is quite big for just "me" unless its one of those nights), most of the games i play need the keyboard, so that stays in my lap and works pretty well.

^^ yes it is preferred on the floor, i checked out both the acoustics, mine is at less than 2 feet height, my ears didn't feel any difference. the Z2300 is bad!!!

wow looks very nice, what was done to conceal the cables? in-wall piping?

looks great, but would it be possible to browse and use it as a normal pc from that far on?

and id rather move the cabinet to the bottom shelf, move the sub on the floor and move the monitor on the top left shelf on the second one, would give a much cleaner look to the wall

Nice Rig. Very Well-planned Customisation. Even the Blue Wall suits ur Rig Fans (or v.v) :rofl:

But, half of ur Game-Play time wud go into balancing the Keyboard on ur Lap.:frusty:

Rutvij.

^^

yes sir, in wall piping all the way, DVI cable was the most troublesome.

to browse and use it as a normal PC,, well the viewing distance is about less than 4 feet and with the font size at 120dpi, i don't find any problems, actually, this has been on testing since 2 weeks, and now i am satisfied with the results

sexy stuff man, yea how do u manage to use ur pc from that far?...we have similar rigs!!!....man i wish i could also have the patience to set it up the wat u did, great job sir!

Oh that's very cool. TBH, I'm not digging the woofer on a shelf. A 32/42-inch LCD or Plasma TV in the future will be so nice. Buy one of those 5 point spike strips too!

@ SidhuPunjab - the fans are connected to the motherboard, the six engine does the work, on powersaving mode only 1 fan works, see the first pic,

on turbo mode all 6 of them work, second pic - i use that while gaming or viewing HD

@Jasku - yes sir, our rigs are very similar. it was difficult to view from the distance mentioned, but the font size increase did the work and i am using it right now!!

Patience was the key, the damn walls were hollow too for the fastners, had to stuff them up with white cement!

@cyberjunkie - the woofer on the floor will be pain with the maid cleaning my room twice daily, the bass is rocking! and yes a bigger LCD to follow after a while.

saintsinner said:
the woofer on the floor will be pain with the maid cleaning my room twice daily, the bass is rocking! and yes a bigger LCD to follow after a while.
That's exactly why I don't use my speakers anymore and stick to earbuds/headphones.

Moreover (at the risk of sounding silly), shouldn't pointing the woofer towards the wall yield the same results as keeping it on the floor?

very nice setup . congratulations .
how do u manage to play games from that far & from lower position of LCD ?

i assume ur rig has 4870 for gaming purpose:p

Congrajulations :lol:

A better option could've been moving the enclosure to the lower shelf with lesser bling factor inside (isn't that distracting?) and get a decent spike protector. :p

And had it been me, I'd have placed the sub on the floor. I'd rather do the cleaning of the room myself. :p

@Sudarshan_SMD: Does his siggy read greek to you? :p

Very elegant. I can't keep even my table uncluttered! But I can console myself that a setup like yours would never work for me, what with all my gadgets interfacing regularly with my main rig... + I need to play games bang in front of the monitor. And, yes, the tinge of envy u see is really there! Congrats on a job well done!!

Back