MBA in Hotel Management

Sunand

Recruit
Hi friends,

This is a very crucial time of my career, and i need your help..

About me:

I have completed my graduation last year (2011) in BCCA (B.com with computer applications). My current age is 21 and from the last few years i have been helping my Dad in his catering( food service in weddings) business. I don't cook in the kitchen but i love to manage the party like looking over the arrangement managing the waiters the food service etc. which i am doing since few years. But i want to make it BIG like being a wedding planner or an event manager arranging the event and food service and opening my own Restaurant in future which needs a big finance. Hence i planned to do hotel management which can help me seeking an managerial position in any star hotels where i can earn and learn the industry.

Currently i am employed in an IT industry(as i can't sit at home) as an SEO analyst working 9 hours a day with a very less pay.

My query:

- Should i go for MBA or PG in hotel management? or a three years degree in hotel management. which can earn me money as well as experience.

or

- Give the CAT this year and go for an MBA (most probably in Marketing or PR) next year which can surely give me a good position, job, respect and handsome salary as well.

From the last month i am thinking, thinking and thinking and now really feel depressed as there is no result.

To go for an Msc in Hospitality Administration by NCHMCT the eligibility criteria is an Degree in Hotel management. I have an IT background so i am not eligible for it.

Back