PC Peripherals Me & My A8N-E's Chipset HSF

Freaky

ex-Mod
Finally, managed to get the Chipset HS and fan assembly replaced with the newer version ones. To be honest, nothing has ever so pissed me like the old HS and fan assembly. Rashi wanted me to bring the MOBO to their service center so that they could replace the HSF. So, I installed the fan back on as also the top cover ( I had removed them 4 days back when the fan stopeed working ). Then I switched my comp. on checked if the fan worked. It made the same grinding noise and was running at very low RPM. Satisfied, I took it to Rashi. When the tech. there switched the rig on, lo and behold, the f***ing fan worked absolutely fine - spinning at max RPM. I asked the tech. to switch the rig off and put it back on after a minute. The fan worked again - without any problems, as smooth as butter. I really was pissed off. I asked the tech. to switch the rig off, wait for 5 or 10 mins. and then switch it back on. This time the fan showed its true color, making the grinding noise and running at low RPM. I thanked my stars for that coz if it had contd. to work normally Rashi would have refused to replace it resulting in a waste of a litre of Petrol and my brother's wrath for having dragged him outta his beauty sleep in the noon. Rashi told me that they could not change the assembly without it having any defect. The newer assembly's fan runs at a max speed of 5200 RPM compared to the 9600 of the older one. Man, am I a happy guy now !!!

Here's the pic of the new assembly :

And the old assembly :

image1722hc.th.jpg

TheMask said:
perhaps i shud get the chipset fan changed on my A8NE too.. at 9.9k the whine is unbearable.

^^ :rofl: :rofl:

Why do you guys buy such stuff then ? which doesnt work properly ? Look at my DFI,doesnt have any such problems and works like a charm. :tongue:

Darky, caught flat-footed huh ???

@ Masky, it's not a whine. Its a f****ing steam locomotive chugging along inside ur computer !!!!

Back