Car & Bike Mechanical ABS for bikes

anup_ja

Disciple
Have anyone fitted the mechanical ABS for bikes??

Came to know its avilable for 500INR. Search online but not able to find one. Need to seach in local auto market in pune.

It is just some system that nullifies the possibility of full hydraulic pressure from being transmitted to the brakes, so this way your wheels will never lock up. It does not actually read the wheel motion to grab any lock up data. You will never have sufficient braking power at your disposal. You are also introducing another (bunch of) component(s) which comes with some amount of failure rate into your braking system, does that make you feel more or less safer?
If it was usable technology and came at 500 bucks to the end user, trust me - the jap giants would have rolled it out.

Better riding technique will serve you much better than a cheapo abs.

In any case, abs does not change actual limit of braking it just pushes the limit you can screw up at.

Agree with above two replies... I have been using one (Saferide ABS) from past 3 years on my P220, and it just delay the locking up of the wheel which was the primary reason I went for it... Broke my wrist two times by locking front brake before installing abs...

I have never experienced front brake locking on my R15. Applied brake and went down straight to 20 from 80 :p was I lucky or r15's brakes are good?

Can I fit ABS on my R15?

The brakes on r15 are good. No need to get them.
ABS are not needed if you know how to brake. Even in case of emergency dont grab the lever and apply full pressure, take it slowly until the end. That way the tires will not lock up and you will stop faster.

i gently apply and leave, and repeat the procedure for front brakes on high speed (~80kph). it comes down to 10-20 in no time without skidding :)

I have got this Mechanical ABS from Shopclues.com at 549 rupees including shipping charges. I installed it and checked. Found it to be good enough, but doesn't work when applied full sudden brake and that is what is said by many dealers online. Proper electronic ABS with speed sensors and ECU cannot be installed manually in most bikes, atleast in india it is not possible, forget about the cost. And this atleast works in my observation 80%. After few days of observation I have ordered one for the other disc also.

And Mr.damn, FYI, not all cheaper products are rolled out by your jap giants. Reasons could be not enough margins, etc. Please do a proper survey on this point.

And for the ones suggesting better riding technique and control, please try to understand human psychology. The techniques and control will not be of any use in a panic situation when you would have applied the brake abruptly even before your brain analyses the situation, since as you know these riding things (applying brakes, holding clutch, reducing accelerator) are all done automatically even when our mind and brain are somewhere else. In panic scenarios, it is even worse. I personally was a victim of such panic situations and also seen few such instances). And finally the golden work 'Something is better than nothing'. Especially for the price. And you are not going to lose anything out of it.

And this Mechanical ABS has been tested by few companies and personals. So it is not some fake business. There are people who just assume and talk/write and there people who just do the analysis/testing/checking and come to a valid conclusion. I have done the later part. Please do your homework.

Please forgive me if my writing sounds hurting. Not intentional. I just feel sorry for the people who are ill-informed and over-confident with their half-baked knowledge and assumptions.

^can you give me the link for bikeindia article? I googled it and they did a review on bosch system which is not same as what is being discussed in this thread.

It has been tested by bikeindia and team-bhp team members.
lol. so basically noone. there are like 50k t bhp members. how does anyone testing it make it ok when mechanically and logically it is not a abs. basically it just makes your disk spongy and increases braking distance. unless you are a absolute noob and pussy and panic in any situation that you fully grab brakes there is no usefulness of it. its not fake but its also not a abs.

lol. so basically noone. there are like 50k t bhp members. how does anyone testing it make it ok when mechanically and logically it is not a abs. basically it just makes your disk spongy and increases braking distance. unless you are a absolute noob and pussy and panic in any situation that you fully grab brakes there is no usefulness of it. its not fake but its also not a abs.

Seem to be desperate in proving it doesn't work. I said Bikeindia and team-bhp which are the few I could remember. And Bikeindia for instance does bike reviews and publishes magazine on bikes (and cars) and you say their testing is not valid? Team-bhp is a automobile forum which you have cleverly managed to portray like some useless blog, but the testing are done by professional bike drivers who can understand the small differences and practical applicability. When those people write the pros and CONS of brand vehicles and technologies, why don't they say it is not worth and they say it works. Better products doesn't have to be costlier and complex. Definitely it doesn't make the brake spongy or increase the braking distance (it does only for the first few minutes of ride due to the air while fixing and after some time the brakes are sharp).

Can you please let me know on what basis do you say it doesn't work? The people who say it doesn't work generally seems to be assuming and underestimating by comparison with electronic ABS.

Seem to be desperate in proving it doesn't work. I said Bikeindia and team-bhp which are the few I could remember. And Bikeindia for instance does bike reviews and publishes magazine on bikes (and cars) and you say their testing is not valid? Team-bhp is a automobile forum which you have cleverly managed to portray like some useless blog, but the testing are done by professional bike drivers who can understand the small differences and practical applicability. When those people write the pros and CONS of brand vehicles and technologies, why don't they say it is not worth and they say it works. Better products doesn't have to be costlier and complex. Definitely it doesn't make the brake spongy or increase the braking distance (it does only for the first few minutes of ride due to the air while fixing and after some time the brakes are sharp).

Can you please let me know on what basis do you say it doesn't work? The people who say it doesn't work generally seems to be assuming and underestimating by comparison with electronic ABS.
Maybe people will be more convinced if you can link us to those articles. Nobody is going to go around searching for them on their own and anybody can mention the names of forums and magazines.
Nobody can refute your claims if you give the link to those tests.

lol . you are only making yourself look like a fool . who are these "professional bike drivers" on team bhp ? please name them or their articles atleast. it doesnt work like a abas cos its not a abs and has no theory on why it even works acc. to you. probably gives you the illusion so it seems so. . please read it to know what a abs is. for a layman like you it is a system that prevents you from locking your wheels under braking. will your valve prevent me from locking wheels while keeping braking distance and power same ? i dont think so. if it did then every bike company would have this 400 rs thing on their bikes as it would be a big boost to sales as a safety feature. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-lock_braking_system
http://b**chinlifestyle.tv/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Abraham-Lincoln-Internet-lie.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1439751626][/DOUBLEPOST]since you prob believe everything on the internet , here a link from my side too. https://www.quora.com/How-does-a-mechanical-ABS-for-bikes-work

this is also by the professionals at quora who have dedicated their lives to performing tests on their bikes and have come to the conclusion that the valve thing you use is not a abs and actually reduces your braking.

Back