PC Peripherals Mechanical Keyboard for Gaming and Writing.

I had G502 Proteus core which i sold with my old pc and it worked fine till then (around 2 years). Bought Hero to replace it and it had the issues.

Hyper alloy is a good keyboard with 2 years warranty but the single colour led is the deal breaker for the price point. This kinda sucks other have run and Pam rest but only 1 year of warranty

""5) If key goes bad, easy to fix locally or by self. g413 is hard to do so...""
I don't care what some enthusiast with thousands of dollars into the hobby says. Fundamentally, the leafs in these keyboards go out of calibration or there will be some other issue eventually. That is why replacing switches or trying new ones is such a craze in this hobby. You will definitely have to learn to solder and get equipment if you want to stay in this for the long run. Cherry, Gateron, OUTEMU, doesn't matter, the fundamentals are the same and you will have like 60-110 points of failure depending on what layout you pick. But if you still want an answer, CORSAIR. That warranty is too goood.

""5) If key goes bad, easy to fix locally or by self. g413 is hard to do so...""
I don't care what some enthusiast with thousands of dollars into the hobby says. Fundamentally, the leafs in these keyboards go out of calibration or there will be some other issue eventually. That is why replacing switches or trying new ones is such a craze in this hobby. You will definitely have to learn to solder and get equipment if you want to stay in this for the long run. Cherry, Gateron, OUTEMU, doesn't matter, the fundamentals are the same and you will have like 60-110 points of failure depending on what layout you pick. But if you still want an answer, CORSAIR. That warranty is too goood.
what model would you suggest ?

what model would you suggest ?
1. Well to fix the fundamental challenge I would go with optical switches, however those keyboards are difficult to find.
Source: IGN 2019.

TL;DR – These are the best optical keyboards for gaming.

• Razer Huntsman Elite

• Gigabyte Aorus K9

• HP Omen Sequencer

• Bloody B945

2. You could buy a used keyboard and replace the switches with aftermarket ones from various sites, even abroad. It will be cheaper over all.

3. Most convenient- rubber dome, or mechanical feel keyboards. Im eyeing the LOGI keyboard, something 3k. A keyboard is no good if it can't do its actual job efficiently and reliably.

1. Well to fix the fundamental challenge I would go with optical switches, however those keyboards are difficult to find.
Source: IGN 2019.

TL;DR – These are the best optical keyboards for gaming.

• Razer Huntsman Elite

• Gigabyte Aorus K9

• HP Omen Sequencer

• Bloody B945

2. You could buy a used keyboard and replace the switches with aftermarket ones from various sites, even abroad. It will be cheaper over all.

3. Most convenient- rubber dome, or mechanical feel keyboards. Im eyeing the LOGI keyboard, something 3k. A keyboard is no good if it can't do its actual job efficiently and reliably.
There is a vast difference in feel between mechanical like keyboards and real mechanical keyboards. The feel is just not the same.

I write and I also game fairly frequently (4 published books so far and content for several test prep companies and websites) and have been doing that for about a decade and a half.

I will type a more detailed response if you want it, but tldr is that, buy inexpensive keyboards that feel good.

All keyboards fail sooner or later. Logitech is absolutely crap in India. There's no support for repair after warranty expires, and the device will absolutely fail.

I have been using several inexpensive ones, and cannot really tell the difference between the more expensive ones I have used and am using.

I average about 3000 words a day.

The Only I issue with me is my mom crying about me either buying new stuff and for that I purposefully Kappu old stuff, which is weird in my age to do. and send even If I am buying something new and their was nothing old, same thing happens :banghead:

That's why I am searching for something where I can fix the broken key myself if possible. custom keyboard is what I would have go, but time is the issue.
I like how Logitech 413 feels so any thing same or better is welcomed. only the issue with Logitech is the g-Rome stupid key. my control key from both side is broken and I can even simply do a ctrl+c or ctrl +v :bawling:

I beleive spend more than 10k would be anyway overshot. personally I would have picked up an Logitech keyboard again but due to covid, where it was about 100 bucks for travel via train and all is now over 1k for one trip and this is not something I think any one do for the keyboard.

Starcom is selling aurous k9 for 7k are they reliable ? also where can I buy flaretech switches in india if needed ?

Last edited:
Idk about cherry black but gateron blacks are super nice
I think if you lube up the cherry blacks, they would sound decent too

SO should I get the Circle Squadron mx rgb Black or not ? any models with Gateron switches ?
Lenovo Legion K500 RGB with 3 years warranty is this one good for 8k ?
Whats funny is I can't video for the black switches keyboard. Also the one video with red
switches, well the keys have a clear top housing. Which is uncharacteristic of cherry mx whose key housings are usually black. (Correct me if I'm wrong). Lenovo's own site doesn't exactly say what brand of switch. yeah...also both are "level" with the plate. I forgot what the term is. Basically the switches are installed such that you can't open them without desoldering them out. So good luck lubing each key.
I don't like either because that price is insane and it will break all the same as any 80% cheap brand keyboard. Coolermaster had a keybard for cheap, 4k-6k something, but few years ago. Red switches. I use the Reddragon K552, switches all changed out to GAT RED.
GAT switches are uncommon with big brand Keyboard makers.

Whats funny is I can't video for the black switches keyboard. Also the one video with red
switches, well the keys have a clear top housing. Which is uncharacteristic of cherry mx whose key housings are usually black. (Correct me if I'm wrong). Lenovo's own site doesn't exactly say what brand of switch. yeah...also both are "level" with the plate. I forgot what the term is. Basically the switches are installed such that you can't open them without desoldering them out. So good luck lubing each key.
I don't like either because that price is insane and it will break all the same as any 80% cheap brand keyboard. Coolermaster had a keybard for cheap, 4k-6k something, but few years ago. Red switches. I use the Reddragon K552, switches all changed out to GAT RED.
GAT switches are uncommon with big brand Keyboard makers.
Lenovo is using some proprietary red switches similar to cherry mx red. Have 3 years of warranty it now where the service center is the issue to find. Not a lot reviews so that’s one more thing which is confusing. I think in offline it’s around 6k or something. Reliance is selling it for 7k.
Have a Thermaltake meka G-unit with cherry mx black. Sitting in its box right now. It was good for gaming but a pain to type on as the keys feel really heavy. I greatly prefer the red/brown I'm using right now compared to the black.
How better or worse is it to Logitech G-Rome keys ?

Lenovo is using some proprietary red switches similar to cherry mx red. Have 3 years of warranty it now where the service center is the issue to find. Not a lot reviews so that’s one more thing which is confusing. I think in offline it’s around 6k or something. Reliance is selling it for 7k.

How better or worse is it to Logitech G-Rome keys ?
Those are horrible and mushy. MX black is still usable.

Back