Mechanical keyboard switch recommendations.

I bought RK84 with Brown switches few months ago thinking that it would be best of both worlds (silent + tactile bump / haptic feedback).

I was using blue switches (Cosmic Byte 60% keyboard) before RK84. I didn't have anything against blue switches but ordered Brown switches for RK84 thinking it was an upgrade over blue. I used Brown RK84 for few months.

Recently I had to go back to Cosmic Byte Blue switches (gave RK84 to a friend temporarily) and I realised that Blue switches actually increased my typing speed and I began to find Brown switched too boring.

When I got my RK84 back, I ordered Huano Blue mechanical switches from GenesisPC and they feel kinda cheap, scratchy and wobbly, keycaps feel unstable and they have little movement in all the directions. Huano Blue switches were pretty cheap, got 90 switched for 700.

Now I'm looking for better blue switches, something that feels stable and not scratchy and doesn't sound that hollow. Cherry MX Blue are very costly. I am willing to spend upto 2000 for 90 switches. So here I am asking for suggestions.

TIA

I tried gat Browns and hated then but absolutely loved kailh box brown. Most people don't seem to like kailh box Browns but surprisingly i liked them more than gat Browns.

I bought RK84 with Brown switches few months ago thinking that it would be best of both worlds (silent + tactile bump / haptic feedback).
What brown switches were they? I don't suppose they were Gateron? And, what switches are you using on your RK84?

What brown switches were they? I don't suppose they were Gateron? And, what switches are you using on your RK84?
They were manufactured by RK themselves. They have RK written on them. I have used RK Brown and RK Red. Surprisingly, RK Reds feel very premium.

I have tried Huano Mechanical Swtiches - Red and Blue. They both are shit. Blue sounds too hollow and flimsy. Red doesn't feel smooth at all. Scratchy as hell. No doubt they are very cheap.

For tactile i would recommend boba u4t as Ive heard good things about them. For clicky i would reccomend ttc golden blues, ive used ttc gold pinks and they are my favourites so far.

A lot of the budget switches will sound scratchy unlubed. I'd recommend buying factory lubed switches (not a lot of them available right now) or lube switches yourself.

I'm using Mito Lasers which are recoloured Gateron Milky Yellows and there is a big different between stock and lubed+filmed.

Back