Media Player For HDTV capable of playing files from Windows Shared Drive

Hi,

I have a setup a computer with an Atom proccy which acts as my file server with a 2TB HDD.The OS used is Windows 7 32 bit and I have created a Shared folder with Password Authentication which I access via my laptop over wifi or on my phone and tab via ES File explorer.

Now I need to buy a HD media player which is more or less capable of paying all video formats which will be connected to my home network via LAN(wifi is not preferrable as my router is a Cisco Linksys E900 which is max 300Mbps capable and I want the media player to play 1080p files too).

I had planned to buy Asus O!play HDP-R1 as it has LAN connectivity but later found out that the Password authentication needs to be turned off for it to access shared drives over LAN. My internet connection is Alliance which is cable broadband and hence if I give read access to everyone on my shared folder all the people in my Local Cable network will be able to access my HDD which I don't want to happen.

Can someone point out any such media player.

My maximum budget is 6K.

Thanks In Advance

You can switch off password authentication, if you have a router in between, only those on the same subnet can access, not those on the ISP side.

Password authentication does not need to be turned off, just enter the username and password, save it and add to shortcuts.

can't say about es but to stream movies from the pc drives it saves the passwords and gives options to save as shortcut for future.

Back