Medicines at concessional rate for a needy family?

MAGNeT

Skilled
Well i know a family where the lady suffers from kidney trouble.Monthly she needs to take 3 injections of Erythropoietin(10000 iu) (Generic name)(Its a very high dosage) plus atleast 8 oral medicine daily.Its almost 4000 to 5000 medical expense.But family earns around 8000 .They take Vintor -10000IU (Product name) which costs 2100 MRP. per dose.But since they are registered with this people
http://www.jivanjyotdrugbank.org/contact-info.htm

They get the drug for Half the rates.

But still its really expensive for the family to continue the same.

I wanted to know are there any NGO which provide free medicines or at-least where one can get free oral medicine at-least .It will be really helpful for the family.I know in Gujarati Jains there are medical institute where such charity happens but i just have heard same.But have no idea.The family have all prescription and really needy.Their son is in 12th standard and in another 5-6 year will start earning as he is a good in studies.

Also any docs here.

I saw there are 2-3 alternative at healthkartplus which costs 1400-1600. Since vintor cost 2000 and it gets financed at half rate.The alternative may turn into 600-800 per dose if the bank source same.But will that do?I hope generically both are sameLike wepox and renocel.

In India we have brand specific drug names, while brand name may be different but the content will be the same inside.

So if the treating doctor trusts low cost alternative there is no problem in substituting the costly brand with cheaper brand.

In which city is this family situated? Usually here in Gujarat whatever free drug charities are running either they have limited medicines or they help only from their cast and creed fully, rest of the people get miniscule amount.

If you can PM me the details of all the medicines and requirement per month, I may try to find the source in company which can give them at low cost.

But as my specialty is not Kidney diseases can promise sureshot action.

Another option can be if the family is ready we can contribute a little from our side and help them out.

too sad to hear, they don't have money to buy medicine, and we buy medicine costing 1000's rupees and throw them in dustbins :(:(:(

can you tell me, for how much longer the medication will be continued ? or will it be done for lifetime ?

too sad to hear, they don't have money to buy medicine, and we buy medicine costing 1000's rupees and throw them in dustbins :(:(:(

can you tell me, for how much longer the medication will be continued ? or will it be done for lifetime ?

Who throws medicine in dustbins ?
I never do that unless they have expired.

First of all thanks for the reply.
I was really at doubt whether i'll get a reply or not .But really some people do care .

Medpal ill pm the details once i get the medicine packet in hand or its prescription.

I haven't visited the Jivan Jyot center yet .As i already have shared those generic drug name.But whether they source it or not is a doubt.

The medicine is for lifetime.

The option of collecting donation here is a kind gesture.But i am keeping this option out.As this case is via my religious NGO.And in such similar case where a family was sponsored child education.But once a big shot came and sponsored the child one year.And later he left the country.But now the NGO is not ready to refinance because of excess case load and forcing family to find new sponsored.

I don't want few months we sponsored and than the family is left with no option if we fall out.

Anyways i am also trying to search for option via government welfare scheme mentioned here if family falls under this criteria.
http://mumbaisuburban.gov.in/html/sanjay_gandhi_yojna.htm

If some one do have some knowledge of schemes run by centers or religious institute for distressed family do share.

Generic medicines can be substituted for the brand medications in many of the medications without any side effects, AFAIK. Please PM me also list of the medicines, will forward the same to a doc friend, who could try to help with generic subs.

Thanks vivek.I also do have some idea about generic.But here the seriousness of disease is high and in most case you don't get generic version or even the same are expensive or dosage are high one simply cant afford.

Just today i met a new family where the lady stays alone.She is totaly dependent on medicines ..She has to do angioplasty but has high sugar and high creatine level. Even dentist not ready to treat.She also cant have fruits ,fruits juice or coconut water.She is almost on medicine her Monthly food expense is 3000 and medicine is 8000.She has twin daughter and after their mother they too have gone mad and now one is suffering from rheumatoid arthritis.They are such mad they have no contact with the world in which they live.

I asked them do they have entertainment stuff at their place like TV.Their answer was their mother has so much trouble that they dont need tv for such things.

The lady asked me if possible to get one drug which they need and you cant get from any store around.I checked that drug which costed around 290 bucks for 10 tablet .Nothing big.But prescription mentioned she need to take 6 tablets daily.And they take just 3 as they cant afford even after asking for alms around.

6 Tablet daily..180 tablets monthly.That single tablet will cost 5000 bucks.And she has almost 10-15 drug on her prescription.

There is no male member in their family.The lady has another big daughter but she doesn't finance the family and stays in DUBAI.

Such is hardship one face in life.

Anyway the drug this family buy is RENOLOG from LA Renon Healthcare .
Do check are there any cheaper alternative.The alternative i found was even expensive than this.

Where is this family based? In AP the government officially runs generic medicine shops in/next to the gov hospitals. For ex. cost of multi-vits are 50-70% cheaper.

Back