Graphic Cards Mercury 8600GT

This is brilliant. Time I think of an upgrade. Anyone have any ideas where these are available in Kolkata.

256mb memory cards is of no use now a days so buy 512 mb or 1 gb graphic card

my friend have 8600gt 256mb nvidia card but games like nfs pro street and tom clancy rainbow six 2 always lag

^^it depends on the resolution
i have a 17inch screen and a 8600gt 256mb ddr3(gigabyte) and everything except crysis runs at max at 1024X768 (including prostreet)

the lag could be from other things you know like the proccy or ram

games like crysis(ofcourse :) ) and UT3 for example dont do well on p4 3ghz proccys also....they manage 10fps
i know coz i have seen a p4 3ghz with a 3870 installed, but nothing was running smooth on it

_pappu_ said:
^^it depends on the resolution
i have a 17inch screen and a 8600gt 256mb ddr3(gigabyte) and everything except crysis runs at max at 1024X768 (including prostreet)

the lag could be from other things you know like the proccy or ram

games like crysis(ofcourse :) ) and UT3 for example dont do well on p4 3ghz proccys also....they manage 10fps
i know coz i have seen a p4 3ghz with a 3870 installed, but nothing was running smooth on it

i concur .. my friend with p4 2.66 ghz + a fatality 8600gt has to play all new games in 800x600 with medium settings :no: :mad:

@ boar94

my question is out of topic but how do u get such scores with an 8600GT when i cant get more than 7.7k in 3dmarks 05 with 8600GTS overclocked to maximum

Photographer said:
@ boar94
my question is out of topic but how do u get such scores with an 8600GT when i cant get more than 7.7k in 3dmarks 05 with 8600GTS overclocked to maximum
No idea bro.. Probably because of your older processor(Pentium D 930)?? Whats your core/mem/shader speeds just for the record?

PoBoy said:
What about load temps ?

Does it permit any sort of fan speed control ?

load temps? I have to check soon.. No I dont think it has fan speed control but how do you check that :p?

EDIT: load temps: 66-70C :) And its 73% fixed fan duty(in low level system settings) in Rivatuner.

Photographer said:
@ boar94

it depends just as much on the cpu

in 3dmark06, my cpu@3ghz scores 2500 which is almost half on the 5.7k score that i manage
quads score around 4500points on 3dmark06 so thats quite a contribution to the score aint it

the problem is your proccy, but it will do just fine with games, nothing to worry about

broar94 said:
load temps? I have to check soon.. No I dont think it has fan speed control but how do you check that :p?

EDIT: load temps: 66-70C :) And its 73% fixed fan duty(in low level system settings) in Rivatuner.

OK, thanks. Some 8600GTs had a heating prob, that's all.
Let us know if you have been able to inc/dec fan speed.
It has a two-pin fan, right ?

Luks like, Mercury is back in india with a bang..
Congrats Mercury, u hve won millions of our hearts & Nvidia wd b happy with this n surely you wil b sworn official parter by Nvidia over XFX.. lol
Keep it up!

Luks like, Mercury is back in india with a bang..
Congrats Mercury, u hve won millions of our hearts & Nvidia wd b happy with this n surely you wil b sworn official partner by Nvidia over XFX.. lol
Keep it up!

broar94 said:
No idea bro.. Probably because of your older processor(Pentium D 930)?? Whats your core/mem/shader speeds just for the record?

Core=855Mhz
Shader=1837Mhz
Mem=1125Mhz(2250Mhz DDR).
PS: yes it is an old D930.

_pappu_ said:

in 3dmark06, my cpu@3ghz scores 2500 which is almost half on the 5.7k score that i manage
quads score around 4500points on 3dmark06 so thats quite a contribution to the score aint it

the problem is your proccy, but it will do just fine with games, nothing to worry about

not in Crysis and prostreet

in crysis the fps gratly dorps when an enemy comes i front of u and in prostree i cant play on resolutions higher than 800X600 even @ low settings

maybe my mobo is @ Fault here because i think Nvidia cards dont like the X200 Chipset

_pappu_ said:

3DMark05 doesnt calculate/include CPU score while giving out final score(gfx score). CPU score is a seperate thing.

@Photographer, really high 'ocing there :D . Can we do some game fps testing? do you have FEAR game? there is an option to benchmark there .

Photographer said:
Core=855Mhz
Shader=1837Mhz
Mem=1125Mhz(2250Mhz DDR).
PS: yes it is an old D930.

not in Crysis and prostreet

in crysis the fps gratly dorps when an enemy comes i front of u and in prostree i cant play on resolutions higher than 800X600 even @ low settings

maybe my mobo is @ Fault here because i think Nvidia cards dont like the X200 Chipset

when the person comes in front , lemme guesss... the fps drops from 20 to 12 :)
if thats the case then its your cpu man
havent tried prostreet on that so dunno but crysis and ut3 were not playable
nfs carbon was running fine on that rig though
btw, insane clocks there....from the stock 1450mhz shaders all the way up to 1800

Back