Metal Dragon Build

rakesh_sharma23

Do It Yourself
Adept

Metal Dragon Build​

This time I am planning of sculpting a metal armour dragon head in a scratch PC build.

Will be cutting, shaping small pieces of MDF board using hand files to form basic dragon head and later will be using wood-filler for final shape and last will be hand painting the build.

Since MSI uses dragon in their logo, so I shared my idea with MSI, and they were very happy to support this build.

First I will be making a dragon head, once close enough I will share the idea about how the whole PC will look like … till then enjoy the build process with me

00.jpg

So to start with I took a scaled printout of the dragon head and started measuring and cutting MDF pieces.
01.jpg

02.jpg

Slowly things started transforming from 2D printout to real 3D shapes.

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

This build will be a little long and slow process and I am only able to work on this in night or weekends. But I am enjoying the process and hope you all will also like it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Dragon Build with MSI​

This time I am planning of sculpting a metal armour dragon head in a scratch PC build.

Will be cutting, shaping small pieces of MDF board using hand files to form basic dragon head and later will be using wood-filler for final shape and last will be hand painting the build.

Since MSI uses dragon in their logo, so I shared my idea with MSI, and they were very happy to support this build.

First I will be making a dragon head, once close enough I will share the idea about how the whole PC will look like … till then enjoy the build process with me

00.jpg

So to start with I took a scaled printout of the dragon head and started measuring and cutting MDF pieces.
01.jpg

02.jpg

Slowly things started transforming from 2D printout to real 3D shapes.

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

This build will be a little long and slow process and I am only able to work on this in night or weekends. But I am enjoying the process and hope you all will also like it.
Saw this on FB first :p waiting for this to be completed ;)

Looks sick! Do you only do this as a hobby or do you also sell stuff? I'm sure people will be interested, me included. Maybe time to put all your work on a website

That looks Superb man, what is the other material you are using along with MDF, the panel which is connecting eyes and nose of the dragon to be precise.

Update : 10-Dec-2021
Hello to all. Sorry for little delay, due to some unforeseen circumstances build was little halted. But now everything is on-track.
Also like to update that AMD is now partnering with us in this build with AMD Ryzen 9 3950X processor.

amdlogo.jpg

50.jpg

Also started receiving hardware from MSI .

51.jpg

Will be updating more on the PC section of the build.

Update : 20-Dec-2021
This weekend started working on PC section of the build.
Making open frame base from some MDF boards.

52.jpg

53.jpg

54.jpg

55.jpg

56.jpg

Applied some sealant, primer and a base coat.
57.jpg

58.jpg

Also purchased some 12mm and 5mm clear acrylic sheets.
60.jpg

Some test fitting of hardware.
61.jpg

62.jpg

63.jpg

64.jpg

65.jpg

66.jpg

67.jpg

Will be doing some wet sanding of the paint surface, add some more filler and ready for final paint coat.

Back