MI 3C router updated to 2.8.51

6pack

ex-Mod
I thought the router died because the router updated by itself and they changed everything. The router did not get any settings from previous version and went into standby mode (blinking orange). No network in comp or wifi.

I thought router died and took out the power plug and kept if off for 5 minutes to test it one last time. After I plugged in power back, again the same blinking orange light for a minute. Then suddenly pc got ethernet address. So I tried to see if I could login to the old router home IP address and it opened up. Had to re-enter all my isp info and wifi password etc again.
Freaky thing gave me a mind attack. I was thinking on how to buy a new router offline if this was dead. (>.<)"

I think it became faster. It used to lag in the router home page first, but now it opens up faster.

Similar thing happened a few days ago with my Netgear R7000 router, I updated firmware from the UI and it seemed to have bricked it. Pressed the RESET button hole with a pin and after some time it came back to life with all my settings preserved.

Back