MI 3C router updated to 2.8.51?

I thought the router died because the router updated by itself and they changed everything. The router did not get any settings from previous version and went into standby mode (blinking orange). No network in comp or wifi.

I thought router died and took out the power plug and kept if off for 5 minutes to test it one last time. After I plugged in power back, again the same blinking orange light for a minute. Then suddenly pc got ethernet address. So I tried to see if I could login to the old router home IP address and it opened up. Had to re-enter all my isp info and wifi password etc again.
Freaky thing gave me a mind attack. I was thinking on how to buy a new router offline if this was dead.
I think it became faster. It used to lag in the router home page first, but now it opens up faster.
Post automatically merged:

I thought the router died because the router updated by itself and they changed everything. The router did not get any settings from previous version and went into standby mode (blinking orange). No network in comp or wifi.

I thought router died and took out the power plug and kept if off for 5 minutes to test it one last time. After I plugged in power back, again the same blinking orange light for a minute. Speed Test essay writer Then suddenly pc got ethernet address. So I tried to see if I could login to the old router home IP address and it opened up. Had to re-enter all my isp info and wifi password etc again.
Freaky thing gave me a mind attack. I was thinking on how to buy a new router offline if this was dead.
I think it became faster. It used to lag in the router home page first, but now it opens up faster.
thank you my issue has been solved

Last edited:
My Mi router died yesterday night. I don't know what happened but it lost WiFi networks suddenly and even internet. Probably updated by itself to some crap firmware version. Spent an hour today morning trying to get it to work. 2-3 Resets, power off, etc. It would just boot into safe mode everytime.

Gave up and used my old Linksys router lying in storage. Thought it wouldn't work. After cloning the Mac address of the Mi router I got internet access. Speeds are less on this old device since it's just 150Mbps router. But it's working. No more Mi hardware for me. These cheap things don't last long.

arent there settings to uncheck auto update ?
Ive never had a modem router auto update

No. It auto updates when Mi pushes firmware to it. Even it's inbuilt speed test is to Mi servers I think. It's a very basic openwrt or some such os.

Back