Mic issues on bluetooth in ipad

Hi

I have a pair of Bluetooth headphones with a microphone and I want to use the microphone on the Bluetooth headphones to take calls on Teams app on my wife's iPad. I have tried multiple apps so this isn't the problem.

My problem is the iPad won't pick up the audio from the microphone on the Bluetooth headphone. I know that the audio from the microphone can be picked up by the iPad as there is an option when you are face-timing to change the input source.

How can I change the input for the audio in the iPad settings?

This is really frustrating piece of software. I had planned on attending the call via this iPad and now it caused concerns for a few minutes due to this confusion. I want to plan it in advance and sell of the iPad if it is not able to do this and get a device dedicated to just running this teams

By mistake, I have created this in the wrong forum. can mods please help move this to the tablets section

Confirm there is not issue with headset first by trying to connect with another device and using it with some app.

Also iOS doesn't support all bluetooth headsets. If it's old headset I doubt it's supported. My Sony mw600 mic also wasn't supported by iphones. But now newly launched headsets like boat and Boult are fully supported by both android and iOS and obvisouly windows too.

If you can get access to multiple headsets, try them to confirm its headset issue or not.

Also you have not mentioned what model is your iPad and headset.

Confirm there is not issue with headset first by trying to connect with another device and using it with some app.

Also iOS doesn't support all bluetooth headsets. If it's old headset I doubt it's supported. My Sony mw600 mic also wasn't supported by iphones. But now newly launched headsets like boat and Boult are fully supported by both android and iOS and obvisouly windows too.

If you can get access to multiple headsets, try them to confirm its headset issue or not.

Also you have not mentioned what model is your iPad and headset.
Yes the headset works flawlessly with any android and windows device

It is an iPad air 2..My headset is a soudcore life q20 which is quite new I think launched in 2018 end

If you have access to different headsets through friends or relatives or neighbours, try it with ur ipad.

In old days there used to be separate variants than android for bluetooth headsets for iOS.

Jailbreak? I doubt it would work. Rather getting another headset costing 900 bucks would be easier option.

Just get hold of another headset first for trying out and confirming it's headset specific issue.

Jailbreak? I doubt it would work. Rather getting another headset costing 900 bucks would be easier option.

Just get hold of another headset first for trying out and confirming it's headset specific issue.
I did try with my redmi earbuds when you said this. Again the same thing only audio works mic is not enabled and no option to do that either

Have you tried using the headset with other apps on the ipad? Like skype, Facetime etc.

If the mic doesnt work for any app. Unpair, restart ipad and try again.

If only teams app is the issue, uninstall teams clear cache and data, reinstall the app and enable all the permissions that it asks for. Make sure you have the server information to be able to login again

If you have access to different headsets through friends or relatives or neighbours, try it with ur ipad.

In old days there used to be separate variants than android for bluetooth headsets for iOS.

I believe the separate iOS and android was more to do with wired headsets as the pin arrangement in iphones / ipad was different than android etc. I myself own Bose soundsport wired which are iOS version, haven't tried with android but I reckon the volume or track buttons may not work as expected with android.

Have you tried using the headset with other apps on the ipad? Like skype, Facetime etc.

If the mic doesnt work for any app. Unpair, restart ipad and try again.

If only teams app is the issue, uninstall teams clear cache and data, reinstall the app and enable all the permissions that it asks for. Make sure you have the server information to be able to login again
I just tried with Google meet it seems to be working in that through the headphone.. Let me try those things with teams to reset the app etc... Though I just installed it yesterday not sure if this will help

I believe the separate iOS and android was more to do with wired headsets as the pin arrangement in iphones / ipad was different than android etc. I myself own Bose soundsport wired which are iOS version, haven't tried with android but I reckon the volume or track buttons may not work as expected with android.
Even wireless headsets were different for different plateforms imo. Because there were different listing even for headsets according to platforms like android or ios.

As I said earlier, my Sony mw600 bluetooth headset's mic never worked with iphones. But it worked perfectly fine with android and windows platform.

I haven't used iOS platform extensively so not sure but I got this feedback from people who used this pair i.e. iphone and mw600.

Btw what I meant by incompatibility is, mic wasn't functional which is serious limitation. Only earpiece used to work.

Non functional buttons isn't much of an issue imo.

Just checked with PXC550 II and HD4.5 with Team in an ipad air 2.
PXC550 works, but HD4.5 is not working..really infuriating....iOS really is completely different from Android.

Back