MICRO-ATX power supply

theironhorse99

Disciple
I have been out of the PC hardware game since sometime. the power supply of my secondary music PC conked off recently. its a pretty small chassis and was running on a old zebronics M 450W (D sata) Micro atx power supply.
I am trying to find a replacement however seems like all power supplies now sold are of standard size. can someone suggest if one is for resale or something that i can buy new.

does not need a lot of power. anything 300-450 watts would do.
any help people.

Last edited:
Did you have this PSU ?
Take a look at this ZEBRONICS ZEB-450W (DSATA) 450 Watts PSU on Flipkart
this is exactly what i have now, shows Out of stock, needs a replacement as the one i have is gone.

ZEB-M450W(DSATA) - current model i have. my music PC cabinet is small and does not accomodate anything over SFX/Micro power supply. want to buy used as well if someone selling

Pretty certain that's a standard ATX PSU, just shorter. ATX PSUs have the same W x H dimensions, with L varying by unit. This Zebronics unit happens to be a shorter model, but most ATX PSUs are about 14.5 cm in length which is a problem to fit in old-fashioned cases. No idea where you can find PSUs of shorter size, but they're out there. IIRC there was someone in FS section selling a Corsair ~600W unit that was said to be shorter (12 cm).

Pretty certain that's a standard ATX PSU, just shorter. ATX PSUs have the same W x H dimensions, with L varying by unit. This Zebronics unit happens to be a shorter model, but most ATX PSUs are about 14.5 cm in length which is a problem to fit in old-fashioned cases. No idea where you can find PSUs of shorter size, but they're out there. IIRC there was someone in FS section selling a Corsair ~600W unit that was said to be shorter (12 cm).
Checking
Strange, FK shows it to be available for my location.
Sadly for my pincode 500090 shoes out of stock
This one on zebronics shows as micro power supply, probably their name for sfx but lemme get back with the dimensions

Look at the positions of the screw holes and compare it to ATX/SFX screw layouts. That which you linked is standard ATX screw holes, so you have an ATX PSU that's just shorter.

51C-uBwowfL.jpg

This is an SFX to ATX bracket, and SFX screw holes are perfectly flush in a rectangular arrangement, while ATX screw holes follow the standard whatever-the-**** arrangement.
Addendum: This new Zebronics ML450W is in fact an SFX PSU, but it is not the same unit as the one you've described as.

Edit: Very interesting to see them actually have a 80+ certification for some models:
1647116276948.png

Last edited:
Sadly for my pincode 500090 shoes out of stock
As a last resort, I would be happy to buy it on your behalf, test it and then re-ship it to your address. You will need to pay the full cost including shipping to your place. It is showing to be 649 + 40 (delivery charges) to me.
However Zebronics is not at the pinnacle of reliability. I would suggest that you check the dimensions of the one you have and see if a PSU of one of the better brands fit, as others are suggesting.

Look at the positions of the screw holes and compare it to ATX/SFX screw layouts. That which you linked is standard ATX screw holes, so you have an ATX PSU that's just shorter.

51C-uBwowfL.jpg

This is an SFX to ATX bracket, and SFX screw holes are perfectly flush in a rectangular arrangement, while ATX screw holes follow the standard whatever-the-**** arrangement.
Addendum: This new Zebronics ML450W is in fact an SFX PSU, but it is not the same unit as the one you've described as.

Edit: Very interesting to see them actually have a 80+ certification for some models:
View attachment 129078
Here is what it measures , 13 cm width x 10 cm depth x 6 cm height
The cabinet is not able to take anything bigger, already tried another 2 other PSU i have
As a last resort, I would be happy to buy it on your behalf, test it and then re-ship it to your address. You will need to pay the full cost including shipping to your place. It is showing to be 649 + 40 (delivery charges) to me.
However Zebronics is not at the pinnacle of reliability. I would suggest that you check the dimensions of the one you have and see if a PSU of one of the better brands fit, as others are suggesting.
If this can be done i will always be in debt. If i can get anything good ( branded) reliable under 3-4k i am willing to buy. Just need 200-250 watts odd power.

If not I wil transfer across entire amount advance as you suggest and you may do it at your comfort. It will be great help .

Attachments

• 20220313_122637.jpg
    20220313_122637.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 20220313_122643_HDR.jpg
    20220313_122643_HDR.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 20220313_122650_HDR.jpg
    20220313_122650_HDR.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 20220313_122739_HDR.jpg
    20220313_122739_HDR.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 20220313_122745_HDR.jpg
    20220313_122745_HDR.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 20220313_122752_HDR.jpg
    20220313_122752_HDR.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 59
That's an SFX unit my guy. You just linked to a different unit while saying that it's the exact same one. Atleast you now know what to look for.

This is the one you have, btw.

From the pics you posted above, is this the correct product (and not the one I posted earlier) ?
The measurements are as follows though so I am not sure -
Dimensions (WxDxH)125 x 100 x 69 mm
Flipkart has got this but again it is not available at your pin code but showing to be available for me.
If you cannot get an alternative, then PM me. Note that there is only replacement and no return policy.

Back