Other Micro sim to Mini Sim?

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Hi All,

So I have a Micro SIM Airtel card with me. Used in Nexus 4. Will this fit a phone with Mini-sim?

Thanks.

there is normal sim, mini sim, micro sim, nano sim

they get smaller in size respectively...

different manufacturers use micro and mini interchangeably, example nokia's mini sim = apple's microsim

there is normal sim, mini sim, micro sim, nano sim

they get smaller in size respectively...

different manufacturers use micro and mini interchangeably, example nokia's mini sim = apple's microsim

I guess you are getting confused. SIM cards come in three sizes:
Mini SIM - which is the normal sim used in phones like Nokia 1100.
Micro SIM - smaller than the mini, it is used in many of the phones today.. is slightly larger than the chip portion of the sim, came into use sometime in the last decade
Nano SIM - smallest of the three. Used in many Apple devices, and others too.. almost entirely made up of the chip portion of the sim. AFAIK, it had been introduced quite recently.. maybe a couple of years ago..

The full size SIM, I'm not sure if any one of us has actually seen it in use. It comes in the size of a credit card.

My dad's phone in 96 didn't had a sim card the size of credit card!!!!. A philips model. From Escotel. Max double the size of a normal size.

Come to think of it, I do think it is as normal as I can remember.

I guess you are getting confused. SIM cards come in three sizes:
Mini SIM - which is the normal sim used in phones like Nokia 1100.
Micro SIM - smaller than the mini, it is used in many of the phones today.. is slightly larger than the chip portion of the sim, came into use sometime in the last decade
Nano SIM - smallest of the three. Used in many Apple devices, and others too.. almost entirely made up of the chip portion of the sim. AFAIK, it had been introduced quite recently.. maybe a couple of years ago..

The full size SIM, I'm not sure if any one of us has actually seen it in use. It comes in the size of a credit card.

thanks!

Still using my Hutchinson sim normal sim from 2006 which I cut up now to a micro sim I think. Has lesser memory on it too. Just 16KB or something compared to new sim's which have 64/128KB?

Edit: was 2006 & not 96 :p

Last edited:
Back