Android Micromax Q463 not discharging even when connected to a charger

sumatrix

Skilled
Hi Folks

Had bought a Micromax Canvas 5 lite from here in TE for 1500 bucks. Received the phone in good physical condition.

However when i connected it to a charger , it was charging up pretty slowly. I did not give any attention to it as it used it just as a mobile hotspot.

But within a week it kind of started discharging even when connected to a charger.

And once it reaches 0 , then its a circus to get it to start charging. I have to remove the battery, change multiple chargers and even then the charge doesn't cross 5%.

Bought a new battery from mobatree thinking that it could be a battery problem but it did not solve it. Also bought a new charger and cable from MI too.

well i give the benefit of the doubt to the seller that he did not palm me off a bad phone but it was just sheer bad luck.

invested atleast an additional 800 on this.But no luck.

Any pointers to what would have happened here??

Most probably a charging port problem . Had the same issue with my Canvas phone back then ... Even changed battery , Micromax said change motherboard . So I charged battery fully ( had another Canvas phone in the family) and exchanged it via Flipkart and purchased moto g . Best decision ever .

Solved it by buying a charging IC board, opened up the mobile and fixed it myself. Charging is back to normal now.

One word about the website Maxbhi.com - best for buying spares for old phone. The shipping is super fast and the customer care is responsive.

Back