Storage Solutions MicroSD card purchase?? Help!!

rakeshmarar

Disciple
Hey guys, i have an LG L9 and it has an internal memory constraint of only 4gb. After the jelly bean update it is possible to move apps to external card. So planning to buy a new micro sd card. I had 2 questions:
1) which brands are good? Heard San disk is the best?
2) Is class 10 card really required? I have read somewhere that class 10 is not really beneficial for cell phones but good for camcorders and cameras.
Please help me in deciding on a card.

You can copy the folders over to a new memory card.

Samsung has worked really well for me. Sandisk at second place. Stay away from Transcend etc.

Class 10 is not needed for phones IMO. Class 4 or 6 is what you should try to get. Samsung Class 6 worked superbly in my phone.

Hey thanks for the prompt reply. I want to know about after sales of sandisk and other brands. Also, higher the class the better the performance na? Then how're would a class 6 be better off than a class 10. Sorry noob alert.

Hey thanks for the prompt reply. I want to know about after sales of sandisk and other brands. Also, higher the class the better the performance na? Then how're would a class 6 be better off than a class 10. Sorry noob alert.
Class 6 is not better than Class 10 .. but for phone use you don't need the high performance of Class 10.

Class 6 IMO is what's best in terms of price n performance.

Ohh okay. Could you help me with some links from where i could buy a new one. I am getting a class 10 32 gb sandisk ultra for around 1400 rs. whatsay? :confused:

Wont the faster write speeds help in 1080P recordings? Think if the class 10 cards are not much more, you should opt for them.

Wont the faster write speeds help in 1080P recordings? Think if the class 10 cards are not much more, you should opt for them.
Mobile phones usually do 1080p recording at 21mbps .. so even a class 4 card is more than sufficient.

The only time a class 10 is better is if you put the card in a card reader and are copying over lots of stuff. It would copy faster.

if you phone cannot write at those speeds and most writing is done within the phone itself, the max speed the phone can write determines which class of card you go for. Paying for more performance than your phone can deliver does not serve any purpose unless that card is used in the future in a faster device. In which case it would be cheaper to buy that card in the future.

i got a class 10 for my clip+ because nobody was making a 64GB card in a slower class. Most copying is done via the card reader. Card cost more than the clip+ but nothing beats that much capacity in your hand :)

Back