Microsoft Announces Availability of Internet Explorer 8

fuzail

Disciple
Microsoft today announced the availability of Windows Internet Explorer 8, the new Web browser that offers the best solution for how people use the Web today. It can be downloaded in 25 languages here starting at noon EDT on March 19.

As a side note, this release is not available for the current Windows 7 beta users and is only available for previous versions of Windows.

fuzail said:
Microsoft today announced the availability of Windows Internet Explorer 8, the new Web browser that offers the best solution for how people use the Web today. It can be downloaded in 25 languages here starting at noon EDT on March 19.

As a side note, this release is not available for the current Windows 7 beta users and is only available for previous versions of Windows.

thanks for sharing..........

But I am a windows 7 user.

fuzail,

Hi my name’s Feran and I’m working with the Internet Explorer Outreach Team.

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing that information and add that those who are using a compatible operating system can get IE8 here: Internet Explorer 8: Home page.

People can also learn more about IE8 and the official release here: IEBlog.

I hope this provides some useful information,

Feran
Internet explorer Outreach Team

IE8 is definitely a lot more faster than IE7 .. but am still stuck to FF3.0 :p ... so many customizations i dont wanna miss with IE8 :p ...

PS: Am waiting for FF3.1 ..

feranm_ie8team said:
fuzail,

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing that information and add that those who are using a compatible operating system can get IE8 here: Internet Explorer 8: Home page.

Feran

Is it official source/link or something like Rockfella :S

Well, I can say that the link currently there, which I reproduce here (IEBlog) is the official IE blog. So it is safe. Besides, it is just a blog, though it does have links to the Microsoft download site.

Yes both links I provided are to the official sources. As part of the Outreach Team we only direct users to official Microsoft sites or affiliated/trustworthy sites.

Feran

feranm_ie8team said:
fuzail,

Feran
Good to see people from IE Outreach Team. :hap2:

Thanks ravi_9793 for your appreciation!

Here’s another great link if you have not already checked it out: Add-ons Gallery
You can customize you IE8 with different add-ons like the New York Times or eBay web slice. In fact there are more than 480 add-ons and accelerators…

Feran
Internet Explorer Outreach Team

Well i cant use, or say i am never comfortable using anything other than internet explorer for net banking. I need site phisining support and nothing is better than internet explorer.

hi all,

firstly thanks for the links to IE8 and secondly good to see ppl frm the IE8 team here.

today i downloaded and installed it frm the links provided and yes, found it to be different then ie7, allright, but then had issues with ie8, found to be heavy on a 4gb ram system and jus to my surprise, i click on task manager and found 2 iexplore.exe processes consuming 35k each. i decided to end one of the process but found that by doin so it crashed ie8 completly. seeing this, i did a few scans with super antispyware and spyware doctor and none of them found anything.

i also ran scans online using the housecall frm trend micro and found nothing, as off now i have removed ie8 frm my system and am back on ie7...

anyways, never use ie unless need to do microsoft update....always use ff3..

Back