Microsoft hack contest

Source: P2Pnet.net

Until June 8th, you can hack (or try to) the server at http://www.hackiis6.com with impunity
And if you’re the first one to modify (“deface,†the organizers say) the site or capture the "hidden" document, you’re up for a free Xbox.
“We've tried to be as realistic as possible in what constitutes a successful hack and in mimicking a basic HTML and ASP.NET web site,†says WindowsITPro.
And just about anything other than a “massive network denial of service (DoS) attack against the Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 box or its host provider†goes, apparently.
“We want to test the security of Windows Server 2003, IIS, and other Microsoft applications,†say Bill and the Boyz.
Full Story HERE

damn this looks cool.
hey maxx wanna try this?
looks like hacking skills are requirred,, and we get a cool gamebox for it too.
:p
nice find mate

is it really worth it for a mere X-Boz?? :p i dont think so.. MS announces a couple of million dollars for info on guys who spread viruses n an X-Box is all they can afford to give to someone who cud hack in and expose their vulnerability? not worth it IMO.. :p

look at it this way...
normally for this instead of a reward you get a fear of jail..(ofcourse if you don't go to jail.. you get satisfaction)

this way.. you get satisfaction and get to play some cool games.. And i am sure ms will offer you a job also.(i am pretty sure.. i have a friend who got a job this way in US)

Back