Microsoft Office 2010 technical preview

ravi_9793

Adept
Microsoft® Office 2010 gives you rich and powerful new ways to deliver your best work whether you’re at work, home, or school on a computer, Web browser, or Smartphone. Grab your audience’s attention and inspire them with your ideas using enhanced tools, customizable templates, and photo editing capabilities. Work with multiple people from different locations at the exact same time using new co-authoring capabilities. By offering more ways to access your files from virtually anywhere, Office 2010 puts you in control.
http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/

Isn't this old news? I thought it was first avaialable in May. At least that's what I read in newspapers. Anyways, hope it helps others who haven't read about it.

The actual release is still far away, as it is scheduled to release in the first half of 2010. Hope they prepone it somehow. :p

I got an invite for the Tech Preview, so currently using Office 2010 - looks about the same, a little more polish I guess - but on the same system I was using Office 2007, the apps open up a LOT faster.. Overall it just seems zippier.. Makes sense to upgrade from 2003, as I think MS will Ribbon-ify everything they can touch now. If you're already using 2007 on a fairly powerful machine, then meh.. save your money for games I suppose :D

TECH HUNTER said:
Open office is far better than this.

Major changes acn be seen from version to version,i can't see this here.

bad-luck MS

Have to disagree. OpenOffice comes nowhere close to the kind of productivity MS-Office gives you. More so if you are a big user of Excel. While OOO is lightweight, MS-office UI is much better. And the kind of bling that MS-Excel has for graphs and making graphics, OOO doesn't seem so much of fun...

shr1k said:
I got an invite for the Tech Preview, so currently using Office 2010 - looks about the same, a little more polish I guess - but on the same system I was using Office 2007, the apps open up a LOT faster.. Overall it just seems zippier.. Makes sense to upgrade from 2003, as I think MS will Ribbon-ify everything they can touch now. If you're already using 2007 on a fairly powerful machine, then meh.. save your money for games I suppose :D

Office 2010 is much faster then 2007. And some really cool stuff like sparkle and the screenshot tools are interesting..

Does the preview have the themes, the leaked version didn't have those?

Yeah I do agree this version seems much more snappier. But dunno if many corporations will upgrade to 2010 or not, coz there are not way too many advantages over it.

TECH HUNTER said:

bad-luck MS

I dis-agree, nothing in the market is anywhere near Office's productivity, MS-Excel is simply irreplaceable atm.

TECH HUNTER said:
bad-luck MS

Well going from, doing nothing to doing something, is a major change, especially when compared to doing everything...:p

I can't help but admire how MS integrates some of the tool/utilities in the new version. For e.g. Office Communicator . May be pretty useful when teams are working on common documents.

Back