PC Peripherals Microsoft's new Sidewinder X6 Gaming Keyboard, Sidewinder X5 Gaming Mouse

Sidewinder X6 Gaming Keyboard

x6_teaser.jpg

x6_1.jpg

x6_2.jpg

x6_flat.jpg

More news emerges from Microsoft’s peripherals division. In addition to announcing two new sleek mouse designs (the Arc and Sidewinder X5), Microsoft is also planning on launching two new keyboards for the holiday season. The X6 keyboard is targeted toward gamers, and falls under the Sidewinder gaming brand. For 79.95, this device offers a new “cruise control” feature that lets you repeat keystrokes without holding down a key. We’re not exactly sure which games would benefit from this feature (the “how long can I hold down the ‘w’ key before crashing my computer” game, perhaps). The X6 also has a neat detachable numeric keypad that can be attached to either the left or right sides of the board. We can see this being particularly useful for binding numeric shortcut macros in MMOs.

Sidewinder X5 Mouse

sidewinderx5_teaser.jpg

sidewinderx5_1.jpg

sidewinderx5_2.jpg

sidewinderx5_3.jpg

sidewinderx5_4.jpg

The original Sidewinder gaming mouse from Microsoft was never our favorite shooter peripheral – it suffered from being too big for most hands having a stiff scroll wheel. We’re not sure if Microsoft’s hardware designers have taken our criticisms to heart with the new X5 Sidewinder model, which looks just as big as its predecessor. What has changed, however, is the removal of the weighted box that you would use to adjust the heft of the mouse, as well as the LCD screen that displayed sensitivity information. The X5 is wired, sports 9 programmable buttons, hardware DPI switching, and a quicklaunch shortcut. It seems like Microsoft has removed some of the more “hardcore” customization features and reduced the price (MSRP is $59.95) to appeal to mainstream gamers, but we’ll know whether the X5 is better than the original when we get our hands on one later this year.

Source: [1] [2]

Digg: Digg - Microsoft Announces Sidewinder X6 Gaming Keyboard

This is second technology website to get this announcement, i guess so. Except those digg spammers. So far only maxpc on Google for these :p

I know if it would have been by say Logitech, this would be the hottest agenda on every gaming and tech websites. Quite dull situation with the Microsoft label. I'm their quality and actual usability won't be bad, MS products have been good!

^^the logitech mouse launched after the g5 .... the g9 aint doing so well..mainly because of costs and i guess because gamers are used to the older style of logitech mice

you dont hear people going gaga over the g9 do you

i think it depends a hell of a lot on the product itself

Back