Microtek UPS failure/battery replacement

Ssreek

Adept
I have a Microtek UPS - TwinGuard Pro+ 1000VA model, bought in 2019.

Recently, I noticed that whenever electricity goes off, it gives beep and turns off immediately because of which pc is turning off as well.
I am suspecting either there is some failure in charging battery, or the batteries are no longer working.
Is there any way I can check the issue? Product is already out of warranty.

Microtek service seems a little slow and I am still waiting for their team/technician to contact me on onsite repairs or service center details.
Microtek customer care said, there would be Rs. 850 for each battery (this model is dual battery) and 250 for service charge, all excluding gst.

Is it better to go with Microtek itself or get some other better batteries and change it ourselves/through local technician?
Let me know if someone has experience or tinkered with such UPS issues.

I have a Microtek UPS - TwinGuard Pro+ 1000VA model, bought in 2019.

Recently, I noticed that whenever electricity goes off, it gives beep and turns off immediately because of which pc is turning off as well.
I am suspecting either there is some failure in charging battery, or the batteries are no longer working.
Is there any way I can check the issue? Product is already out of warranty.

Microtek service seems a little slow and I am still waiting for their team/technician to contact me on onsite repairs or service center details.
Microtek customer care said, there would be Rs. 850 for each battery (this model is dual battery) and 250 for service charge, all excluding gst.

Is it better to go with Microtek itself or get some other better batteries and change it ourselves/through local technician?
Let me know if someone has experience or tinkered with such UPS issues.

Have a similar model. Mikrotek Legend 1000VA. Batteries have to be changed. Take it to your nearest battery store. It takes 7AH dual batteries. I got it changed at an Exide battery point. They charged me 1700 for the batteries. No service charge.

Have a similar model. Mikrotek Legend 1000VA. Batteries have to be changed. Take it to your nearest battery store. It takes 7AH dual batteries. I got it changed at an Exide battery point. They charged me 1700 for the batteries. No service charge.
Have an exide store nearby. I will enquire with them.

Is 7ah the only type of battery we can choose?

Last edited:
Got Microtek service guy to come and check the UPS. He checked and said only battery is the problem.
But the battery they were providing was some unknown branded one, and I wasn't happy buying that. The guy himself said better to get Exide or Amaron.
As per @indy1811 's comments, went to exide store and got the batteries changed there.

Back