Budget 51-70k Mid-range SFF build

obviyus

Recruit
Hi, I've been bitten by the SFF bug and I'm considering the following parts for the build:

CategoryProductPrice
CPUAMD Ryzen 5 760019,500
MotherboardGigabyte B650I AX18,600
PSUSilverstone SFX 700W10,180
RAMAdata XPG Lancer RGB 16GB DDR5 6000MHz5,900
SSDWD Black SN770 1TB6,600

Already have a 3070Ti (~300mm). I'm trying to find a decent case < 15L but really unable to find most of them in stock. Some options I've considered are the S300, NZXT H1, Lian Li Q58.

Would prefer to have the case < 10K but willing to stretch to 20K if it includes the PSU. E.g. this NZXT H1 includes AIO + PSU for 25K.

I would recommend node 202 or Ridge, but you would have to get a decent CPU cooler. Since you are using Ryzen 5, you might not need an AIO.

Personally I have Node 202, and it is more backpackable than something like the H1. Dan A4 could be another option.

Don't buy the Nzxt H1 V1. It has some serious thermal problems because it lacks a fan in the back. I owned one and sold it because literally every component in there was running toasty. You can maybe buy a small 40mm noctua fan to fix it. But i sold it rather than going through the hassle.

They fixed it in the V2 though, that's why the V2 has a small fan in the back.

I would suggest a Dan A4 H20, i currently own it, and it's the perfect case for mini-itx without compromising on thermals and components.

S300 will limit the gpu length. It's max length is 300mm, but most triple slot non oem cards are almost 320mm in length. The case will decide and limit your gpu purchase.

You can also checkout SSUPD meshlicious, it's slightly bigger than Dan A4, but it's more flexible and can accommodate even 4 slot gpus. I own both the cases and I strongly recommend them

Might be worth considering going for the A620i version of that board. They are practically the same board AFAIK, just with overclocking enable on the B650i. You could use that to get 16x2 kit for 10k like the Gskill Flare X5 kit.

A620i version
Thanks for the tip. I don't anticipate needing over 105W for this build (strictly for gaming) so the A620i could be a solid choice.
S300 will limit the gpu
That is acceptable. The S300 is 8.1L vs. the A4 H2O at 11L. The intent of the build is to be as small as (reasonably) possible since I travel a lot.

I'll see if it's possible to order the S300 from Taobao or any other similar platform. If not, I'll simply go for the A4 H2O. I'll keep this thread updated :)

Last edited:
Found a S300 on superbuy.com for $80. Sent them a inquiry and paid ₹100 for them to come back with an accurate shipping estimate.

They quoted $65 for shipping to India. On top of that there will be a pretty significant customs duty (around ~42%) I think.

Unless I can ask someone to get the S300 from the US, I don’t think the S300 is possible.

A4 H2O owners, which CPU cooler do you recommend? Should I go AIO or would something like the low-profile Thermalright be sufficient?

A4 H2O owners, which CPU cooler do you recommend? Should I go AIO or would something like the low-profile Thermalright be sufficient?
I used an EK 240 D-RGB with this case. I had to use cable ties to hold the tubes together so that it does not hit the fans up top but otherwise great AIO with excellent thermals and looks.

In hindsight, I would have preferred an AIO with longer tubes that go under the PSU instead of over it. This is only possible if you use an SFX PSU as SFX-L will not allow enough space for tubes underneath it.

As for AIO vs Air cooling. I think the stock cooler of the Ryzen 7600 should fit perfectly. The shroud will touch right against the side panel allowing it to suck fresh air from outside without recirculation. A third party low profile cooler might give you better acoustics but don't expect any meaningful difference in temps or performance.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 24
Back