PC Peripherals Mid Tower cabinet suggestions ?

I need to buy a mid tower within a couple of days.

What I have in mind is the HAF922 (I've even actually ordered one on request, won't make a difference if I don't buy though)

Um, so the query is~ Is there any other Mid Tower you people would recommend me buying? How good will it be comparing to the HAF922. I'm looking for a HQ Mid Tower for the i7 rig. (No, I don't want a full tower. Just sold off my Cosmos)

Let me know as it is on Urgent basis.

Cheers!

the HAF 922 is a very good choice....the other options you have are NZXT tempest and antec 900...

but haf 922 is real HQ and really good..

newer 900/902 if its avialable........there is no better air coolig than antec gamer chasis. But the distri in India is so bad I doubt it will be avilable even after 5 yrs:rofl:

If you replace the fans in the tempest with some high performance ones, not much can hold a candle to it from the cooling performance perspective.
Build quality is obviously much lower to the 922, but so is the price.

^^ I actually compared those two. (The HAF922 and Scout I mean) Build wise the HAF922 is a lot more superior. It's got better fans too.

Plus went through a few threads as well ~

CM HAF 922 or CM Scout

Final Round: Cooler Master Storm Scout vs. HAF 922 - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

Here are the in detail reviews for both (w/ Images) ~

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/716 (CM HAF 922)

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/706 (CM Scout)

Out of those two the winner clearly is the HAF922 with better build quality. Look wise I actually prefer the Scout because it has the full black finish compared to the regular silver finish.

Feature wise, I cannot make out. People have commented the Scout has more features compared to the HAF922 and I don't see any. If anyone can clarify what these features are it's gonna be helpful. (I think it's something to do with SSD's)

I'll have a look if I can get my hands on the Antec Nine Hundred Two.

Also I definitely won't go in for the Tempest. Never been a NZXT Fan.

Thermaltake Element G , also seems to be a really good one. http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?S=1321&ID=1876#Tab0

It's got 2x2.5 HDD or SSD bay, which I don't see in any other case. Also it's priced around the same as HAF922 but i'm not sure of its availability here. Any comments on this?

Element g not available in india as of now. Ure best bet would be the 922. Its slightly larger than the scout and its wonderful for cable management. Fans are also better and all you need is a can of spray paint to finish the insides

sickizblank said:
Thanks ragz.

And no for the 690 please, I don't like it's quality anymore. :(

I would have not agreed with you till today morning but today I was buying stuff for my rig and glanced upon a CM 690 in one of the shops displayed on a table. It was the Nvidia edition (the green one) and I don't know why but the cabby didn't seem sturdy as before...:huh: I have a CM 690, and it's very well built but this one was just missing something.

^^ Exactly. A friend of mine owns an year and half old 690 and it's extremely good till date.

But the new ones I'm not sure but i think CM have downgraded it's quality or something. Not sure though.

sickizblank said:
^^ Exactly. A friend of mine owns an year and half old 690 and it's extremely good till date.

But the new ones I'm not sure but i think CM have downgraded it's quality or something. Not sure though.

Not sure either. Except for the frontal panel opening rigidity I've been an admirer of the CM690. I haven't modded it but I keep the side panel off sometimes to take a glimpse when I get any new hardware (pardon my childishness :rofl:) With that said, I think you should definitely go for the HAF 922 Mid Tower Chassis. Great build and the 200mm fans are epic! :eek:hyeah:

One last query. Does the HAF922 provide a slot for 2.5" HD's / SSD's? I won't be buying a SSD as of now. But I do have a couple of 2.5" HD's though. [I know the CM Storm Scout does]

sickizblank said:
One last query. Does the HAF922 provide a slot for 2.5" HD's / SSD's? I won't be buying a SSD as of now. But I do have a couple of 2.5" HD's though. [I know the CM Storm Scout does]

No it does not, I just bought a 922 couple of days back. Had a 690 earlier.

922 is a worthy upgrade, better airflow (200mm fans = 110cfm), much more space, a lot better cable management and the best of all led on off button :eek:hyeah:

Go for it

HAF series means better Air flow means better dust inflow and if ur using in a dusty environment then dont go for HAF Series due to dust inflow

Back