iOS Migrating from android to iOS

Hi all,
Self have been a long term android user(from the days of lg p500 android Froyo etc) yesterday bought iPhone 12 pro because I thought it is now time to switch iOS as I am not a power user anymore. Now I use phone for very basic tasks and phone upgrade was coming due and on top of it, my old trusted Redmi note 5 pro (running on lineage os) fell from bed and screen broken. So bought iPhone 12pro.
Now I am having extreme difficulty in migrating whatsapp chats history from android to iOS. Has anybody been able to successfully do it. I have tried searching on YouTube and tried dr.fone software but it is paid software. Any freeware to do the same. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi all,
Self have been a long term android user(from the days of lag p500 android Froyo etc) yesterday bought iPhone 12 pro because I thought it is now time to switch iOS as I am not a power user anymore. Now I use phone for very basic tasks and phone upgrade was coming due and on top of it, my old trusted Redmi note 5 pro (running on lineage os) fell from bed and screen broken. So bought iPhone 12pro.
Now I am having extreme difficulty in migrating whatsapp chats history from android to iOS. Has anybody been able to successfully do it. I have tried searching on YouTube and tried dr.fone software but it is paid software. Any freeware to do the same. Thanks in advance
Its a mess. Even the paid softwares dont work half the time.

There are videos on yt showing people doing this phone to phone using usb otg, will try that once if worked then fine, else I will leave the idea of transferring whatsapp chats to iphn for ever

Or donate/ buy another cheap phone so a kid can attend online classes.
There is some paid software ( Wondershare or something... possibly called MobileTrans) and the paid version used to work. But iOS is notorious for changing things just to piss off customers.

Didn't whatsapp mention that they are working on a migration feature, not sure where I read it or when it will be available...

Called up a friend of mine who is in mobile repair business, he connected me to a guy who can do it for money, so went to him, got it done. All chats whatsapp documents on iphn now. Finally redmi note 5 can rest in peice in my drawer with all other old phones.
he used wondershare dr.fone its paid software 22 dollar for 1 year and 5 uses. But it did the job.

Called up a friend of mine who is in mobile repair business, he connected me to a guy who can do it for money, so went to him, got it done. All chats whatsapp documents on iphn now. Finally redmi note 5 can rest in peice in my drawer with all other old phones.
he used wondershare dr.fone its paid software 22 dollar for 1 year and 5 uses. But it did the job.

All chats including video and text?? Btw how much did it cost you?

Haha apple, Google or whatsapp nobody can stop Indian jugaad.

And this is 1000 rupees, for that much a the brains in india can do anything

Not technically a Jugaad as the person used the same software and assuming it cannot be pirated, he paid $22 (approx Rupees 1700) for 5 uses and if he gets 1000 rupees from each person, his profit is 5000 - 1700 = 3300 Rupees.

Back