Mini Micro SD Card reader for 1 Cent

MenTaLLyMenTaL

Disciple
Nov 4, 2008
Dammit I need a paypal account for such stuff!
Can someone point me to some guide for setting up a paypal account? Like what is needed for it. Hidden charges etc? I dont have a credit card but I have debit card & net banking facility with Axis bank.

seshu

Adept
Jan 18, 2006
teluguthesis.com
^ well, if you are serious, setting up PayPal account is as easy / complex

as setting up an email account ! initially one needs just to register with a

good password ; later add bank account , credit card (& pan card details !!)

Neo-N

Skilled
Mar 26, 2010
Mumbai
MenTaLLyMenTaL said:
Dammit I need a paypal account for such stuff!

Can someone point me to some guide for setting up a paypal account? Like what is needed for it. Hidden charges etc? I dont have a credit card but I have debit card & net banking facility with Axis bank.
A Paypal Account is practically useless unless u have a Credit Card as Indian Debit Cards & Net banking doesn't work for Paypal in India. :)

If u have a source of online earnings, u can get small paypal amounts though.. ;)

j_jindal1

Disciple
Jan 7, 2010
nehaladsul said:
A Paypal Account is practically useless unless u have a Credit Card as Indian Debit Cards & Net banking doesn't work for Paypal in India. :)

If u have a source of online earnings, u can get small paypal amounts though.. ;)
I linked my PNB debit card to Paypal and it works fine.. Although I tried with ICICI and SBI and both were rejected but somehow PNB worked.... Guys with PNB account can give it a try..

Bandu

Disciple
Dec 8, 2008
Nashik
nehaladsul said:
I would have done it for u but the scheme is over now... had fun while it lasted. :(

Now they have PSP Screenguards for 0.01 $ Shipped!
How do you search that site for 0.01 $ deals?

Neo-N

Skilled
Mar 26, 2010
Mumbai
Bandu said:
How do you search that site for 0.01 $ deals?
I never searched for it... these deals just come up once in a while...

U don't always get such deals... :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

j_jindal1 said:
I linked my PNB debit card to Paypal and it works fine.. Although I tried with ICICI and SBI and both were rejected but somehow PNB worked.... Guys with PNB account can give it a try..
Lucky you...

My Corp Bank, Central Bank and SBI debit cards don't work... :(

varkey

Skilled
Sep 8, 2006
Bengaluru / Cochin
www.varkey.in
^ SBI Yuva Visa Debit cards used to work with Paypal earlier, but they stopped it few months back. :(

@j_jindal1 : Is it a Visa or MasterCard debit card? Did the Paypal account verification work with that card, entering the 4 digit code? :)

j_jindal1

Disciple
Jan 7, 2010
@Varkey I guess it was a master-card, I'll check and let you know, I linked the card around a year back, they deducted a small amount from my account and from the statement I had to enter 4 digits which appeared in transaction details.

It may still work for PNB account holders..

@nehaladsul's Thanks bro..

MenTaLLyMenTaL

Disciple
Nov 4, 2008
Ok, so i'll give paypal a try with my axis debit card and netbanking.
But i've got a doubt - while linking account, paypal says my name on paypal must match with my name in the bank otherwise there is a rs.250 penalty. My name in the bank is of the format "firstname middlename surname" but in paypal I had registered as "firstname surname" only. Will that be ok?

Neo-N

Skilled
Mar 26, 2010
Mumbai
^^ As it is a Debit Card, it shouldn't be an issue...

The same name thing is for Credit Cards where ur name must be exactly as it appears on ur CC statement... I guess.

And anyway, the chances of ur card working are very slim... So, don't worry about the penalty... :p

varkey

Skilled
Sep 8, 2006
Bengaluru / Cochin
www.varkey.in
MenTaLLyMenTaL said:
Ok, so i'll give paypal a try with my axis debit card and netbanking.

But i've got a doubt - while linking account, paypal says my name on paypal must match with my name in the bank otherwise there is a rs.250 penalty. My name in the bank is of the format "firstname middlename surname" but in paypal I had registered as "firstname surname" only. Will that be ok?
You have the option to enter your full name when adding the bank account. Anyway it is not actually linking, it just a way to verify your account and later to make withdrawals. Paypal will make small deposits to your bank account and you need to enter this amount in your Paypal account to complete the process.

Only adding a card will allow you to make payments.