Mitsubishi Heavy Industries - brand shop household air conditioners

RishiGuru

Disciple
Had to share this.

Recently there was an inauguration of a small air conditioning shop in one of my friend’s locality. He insisted me to join him as he was out to buy a 1.5 Ton Inverter air conditioner. He was settled to go with my 1.5 Ton Sharp Inverter air conditioners after experiencing their phenomenal cooling performance at offer in my home, but still I firmly insisted him to have a look at other brands as well. One fine weekend we arrived at the shop and found it a brand shop who sells household air conditioners for only one brand, that of Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.

My Review: Which Inverter AC to go for? Edit: Bought Sharp AH-XP18MV

As all may well know Mitsubishi Heavy Industries make some of the best household and industrial air conditioners in the world and are one of the best there is. They also supply components to other brands. Their air conditioners are cutting edge in terms of design and technology used. Also they are said to be very reliable having premium quality and comes fully imported.

Firstly I want to say what set this shop apart from others is in their display section having not only the indoor units but most importantly also the outdoor units. They sell only split air conditioners in India. You can touch them in display section and feel the quality of engineering and build quality that went into it. I am even fascinated by the quality of the fan grill of their Inverter outdoor units. Extremely high build quality standards to say the least.

Secondly there is also a separate display section, where each component of the air conditioner is displayed. You can find their own compressors, condensers, expansion valves, the electronic control modules etc. A rare sight.

Thirdly their small shop is cooled by one of their own 1 Ton Inverter air conditioners, but the beauty is there is special meter installed in the shop just by its side which is constantly monitoring and computing the amount of current, voltage and watts consumed by the Inverter air conditioner in real time. It gives their customer a glimpse of the Inverter technology employed in air conditioners, and the amount of electricity this technology saves during partial throttling mode.

Finally I had to talk about the only person present there who attended us. He had a genuine knowledge about their products and talks deep in the technical level, the technology used in each of their sub components like compressors, condensers, pulse linear expansion valves and electronic modules and their distinct advantages over their competitors. No wonder why my Sharp Inverter's uses their DC compressor. I liked his genuine professional approach and through knowledge. He was not an average salesman whose knowledge is limited to the number of brands, tonnage and price.

In the end I will say Mitsubishi Heavy Industries air conditioners happen to be one of the top tier products, in my eyes the best there is. Unfortunately this type of cutting edge technology and product quality comes at a price and no doubt their products are prohibitively expensive. Their 1 Ton inverter will cost INR 39K while there 1.5 Ton inverter will take you north of INR 59K. If you had the money, buy these as quality of engineering just oozes from their products.

Though my Sharp AH-XP18MV, 1.5 Ton Inverter air conditioner at INR 41K may be the best VFM there is in 1.5 Ton Inverter category, these mitshu’s seems to be even better performance wise. I insisted by friend to buy them but as always the buffer seemed to be the steep INR 59K asking price. Moreover my friend being less of an engineer and more of an accountant is more concerned about performance per rupee and Sharp's are still a champion on this aspect in Inverter segment. Still I hope he changes his mind and go with the mitshu’s. If I had that kind of money I would have definitely gone that way.

Last edited:
Yes but am very sure they'd be the Mitsubishi Electric models and not the Heavy Industries one.

I own a Mitsubishi Heavy Industries 1.5T split (non-inverter one) and there is no questioning the "best there is" tag. And you'd always see that shops that generally sell Mitsu a/c will have an owner who knows his stuff and will take time to explain the working than speak commercials. I enquired at 3 places when I bought mine and all of them were at first pleasantly surprised at someone even asking for a Mitsu for home use but spent time discussing pros and cons of buying one instead of thrusting the product on me. This was almost 2 yrs back when Mitsubishi a/c's were hardly a household product

I visited the MHI brand shop in Pune today (opp vijay sales near station) I agree about the setup of the place and the display of the internal components.
It was a refreshing change from the salesman dominated atmosphere of other brand showrooms. The person there was extremely knowledgeable and when I explained my predicament (in other thread) he offered to come himself (the same day) and check out the place and give the best suggestion. All this without any compulsion to buy and without any charge!

I got a ballpark quote (not final) upon initial inquiry of 46k for 1 ton inverter - SRK13YL-S (installation extra)
and 58k for 1.5 ton inverter SRK18YL-S.
In the showroom which was a bit more than 300 sq ft, there was the the above 1.5 ton model running and it was silent and cooling noticeably well at 23 deg C when the outside temp was around 35 deg C. I forgot to note the power consumption (from the special meter installed for that purpose)
The resource person assured me that for around 150 sq feet their 1T ACs would be more than enough and a 1.2 ton (non inverter hybrid) could efficiently cool 170sq ft room without running at maximum power.

Let us see how the visit goes and based on the final quote I'll decide to either buy the 1T MHI or the 1T Hitachi Ace Inverter.

Last edited:
I purchased Mitsubishi(Heavy Ind) Inverter AC SRK 18YL-S in June 2014 in Surat-India. Suddenly in August 2015, after 13 months, AC stop working. I handed over the matter to Surat authorised service center. They visited several times, took the inside unit and outside unit PCB & did lot of research, finally after 45 days of long service time, declared that outer unit PCB is not working hence you need to pay 14000 rupees for new PCB.
The irony is that i bought AC in 50,000 rupees and they are asking for 14,000 rupees for repairing charges which is 30 % cost !!! Can you think any AC give you such trouble !
My clear view is
1) Very very poor service : Service is too lethargic, they never call you. Every time you have to follow up. They don’t have proper person to repair the Ac. My AC took almost 45 days to repair & still I am waiting to start. They just gave me discount on PCB to 10700 rupees. For that I called their Delhi Office(International Aircon) Mr. Shailendra to resolve the matter. Local service center is useless, you have to call higher authority to resolve the matter.
2) Product is having very poor quality. Can you think, after paying 50000 rupees, after 13 months, 10700 rupees is the repairing cost !! My Sharp AC is working since last 6 years at home without any problem.
3) All the people in service center looks like bunch of Monkey. They never listen, never see and never speck to customer unless and until you shout.
My recommendation : Don’t buy Mitsubishi(heavy Ind) Inverter AC.

My recommendation : Don’t buy Mitsubishi(heavy Ind) Inverter AC.
thanks for sharing your experience.

i believe that the issue is not the brand but we indians :p. we have the tendency to spoil greatest of the brands because of our stupidity/narrow-mindedness. those monkeys at the service center could've replaced the PCB free of cost for you, because the warranty period just got over. they could've kept your faith in the brand just by providing you with good service but they didn't. if there was something wrong with the PCB design that made it go bad so soon, then the higher ups could've approached their parents (Japanese). but they chose to milk another indian. :D

i don't know why we open so many service centers in india when we don't know an iota of what's called 'service'.

Back