MK4 and alikes...

Switch

Skilled
Well... Thanks to hooli i rediscovered my joypad controller which was burried in my junk... Now i wanna make use of it... Suggest me games like MK4 and Tekken which comes for PC... Basically Fighting games which are similar to Tekken and can be played with the help of a joypad. Would like to have games with good graphics and excellent finishing moves.

Switch posted 18.6 minutes later:

Hey i see 11 views and no replies... I wonder what all you PHREAKS!!! do with that high end stuff...

mk4 is crap in all regards, get mk2.

Best is to get epsxe and play tekken3, as good as tekken5 gameplay wise and looks good with the latest ogl plugins. Just max out the resolution and aa.
Although I find it easier to play tekken with a keyboard, really easy to do the combos with all 8 fingers to use rather than just the thumbs.

me too very interested in these types of games....hey saumil i remember u posting screenies of some game called capcom vs marvel??...where do i get it?

hmmm....i have put marvel vs capcom2 n capcom vs snl2 for download...dreamcast version....
i downed that espxe thing, configured it n tried playing tekken 3/4...no go...some error saying "failed to open hdwnd"..:(

yahoooooooooo!!!!!!!!
got the marvel vs capcom2 n marvel vs snk2 to work!
awesome!!!!.....rushed out n got 2 ms sidewinder usb gamepads (nothing else available).....will practise for 2-3 days before playing against neone...muhahahahaaaaaa

Are successful Dreamcast Emu's Available for PC , Really didnt knew
Some Detailed info wud be appreciated , Plzzzzzz.

Is chankast a Successful DC Emulator for PC.
Also whats shenmue and soul caliber
also can you give the list of Plugins to successfully run Chankast.

I have lots of DC Game Discs which used to play on my Cousins DC but after
some time DC died so the disc's are lying there , searched for a EMU but no luck

Than read about it here.

Dying to play my DC favourites Virtua Tennis , AirForce Delta

Are there any successful PS2 Emulators like this.

@apollyon
Can you tell me what files have you exactly downloaded.
List of Plugins & DC Bios [where to get it from]
Also whats Chankcast Utilities

Can we have a seperate Sticky Thread for Game Emulators for PS1,Ps2,DC,Xbox etc...
It wud be really useful for all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quad Master said:
@apollyon
Can you tell me what files have you exactly downloaded.
List of Plugins & DC Bios [where to get it from]
Also whats Chankcast Utilities

Can we have a seperate Sticky Thread for Game Emulators for PS1,Ps2,DC,Xbox etc...
It wud be really useful for all.

Emulators aren't legal per se, so i would strongly advise against such a discussion unless you want your favourite tech forums to fall in trouble. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, emulators are LEGAL. And so is discussing about them! What is not legal is sharing roms and specially the consoles 'BIOS' file. ;)

all good known emulators like epsxe and chankast are legal! Bleem wasn't, so it was shut down.

http://www.emulationzone.org/ece494/paper.htm

Legal Issues

Ok, so these console emulators sound pretty interesting. But, are they legal? Yes, they are, provided that the following rules were obeyed in their development. First of all, no copy protection built into the console unit could have been broken in order to discover functionality. Basically, if something in the design is encrypted, working around the encrypted lockout to discover a functionality is illegal....

Well Blade what to do now ,
Can we have a thread for discussing atleast the various successful softwares
that are capable of emulating games on PC.

Or still you feel its not ok.
Do let us know , If yes start a thread urself and make it a sticky.
We will discuss only software names & plugins , only legal stuff.
Also have a word with the Admins if you feel its ok to have such a sticky.
No member will take the intiative of starting that thread,its upto TE Mods & Admins.
I dont want TE to be in any sort of trouble.

The situation is the same as p2p. p2p is legal per se but the files that you download using it can be ;). The staff will have a discussion regarding this and we'll let you guys know about the decision. Till that time don't indulge yourself in discussions of emulators.

Back