Less than 10K Mobile for friend for 10K

sidk47

Disciple
1. Budget?
A: 10k

2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Preferred display type?
A: No idea

4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: I'll take anything I can, but I'm kind of looking into Samsung androids or micromax androids.

5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a camera. Reasonably high resolution. 4 MP, or more. But that's not set in stone

7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android, but that's not carved in stone.

8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G + Wifi, but that's not set in cement.

9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Reading ebooks (minor), surfing internet, watching videos, listening to music, playing games like angry birds and temple run. etc

10. Any other requirements?
A: It should be around 10K.

11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Micromax Canvas 2.

Would not advise the MMX Canvas 2. A friend of mine has it and the display just sucks! I mean you can't see anything on it till the brightness is cranked up to maximum. Compared to my Xperia P, my lowest brightness is the MMX Canvas 2's maximum. If you are looking for a cheap android phone , then beware that it will have quite a lot of flaws like poor camera resolution and battery life. If you can consider windows phone then go for the Lumia 620(ofcourse you need to stretch your budget) or the lumia 520. If you are keen on getting android, expand by 3k more and try to get a superdeal for the Galaxy S Advance. It is a very nice phone and JellyBean is coming for it.
@ALPHA17 and @Gannu please help OP find some superdeals! You guys seem to find them so much faster than us!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you care about apps and stuff then avoid Windows 8 phones like plague.

Many popular apps are missing on Windows 8 and many popular apps like Angry birds (all variants including Rio, Seasons, Space etc), Fruit Ninja and many others which are free on Android are all paid apps on Windows Phone 8.

Also some free games like Temple Run does not work on WP8 phones with < 1 GB ram which is ridiculous but true.

That said if you don't care too much for apps, the WP8 experience is pretty good as there is no real micro lags and lags commonly found on most budget Android phones.

Back