Mobile for my girlfriend .. 18-20k

Mohit

Skilled
hey guys .. well no i am not buying my gf a mobile :lol: .. she is buying it herself .. i would rather buy a gpu instead :lol: ..anyways coming to the topic .. she is looking for a phone and her criteria is as follows :
  • Budget strictly 18-20k
  • Integrated camera a must and not any stupid VGA camera please.
  • No clamshell phones.
  • Nokia Nokia and only Nokia.

I am thinking of the Nokia N70 .. what do u people suggest ?? anyways maybe ill try hard to convince her to buy me a gpu instead :lol:

mohit said:
hey guys .. well no i am not buying my gf a mobile :lol: .. she is buying it herself .. i would rather buy a gpu instead :lol: ..anyways coming to the topic .. she is looking for a phone and her criteria is as follows :
  • Budget strictly 18-20k
  • Integrated camera a must and not any stupid VGA camera please.
  • No clamshell phones.
  • Nokia Nokia and only Nokia.

I am thinking of the Nokia N70 .. what do u people suggest ?? anyways maybe ill try hard to convince her to buy me a gpu instead :lol:

I would say N70 as well, and let us know how that *convincing* goes :eek:hyeah:

check n70 prices....they r damn down...my frnds frnd bought 40 peices.........of that...and he is left with 2.....selling box pack for 16k...though no warranty he i saying

If its Nokia, its N70.

But try to convince there are phones out there that would match those criterias better than N70 and only miss one aspect - No Nokia!

N70 is going to look ugly in a girls hands i think. Sony Ericsson phones like W800i and K750i are phones she's gonna fall in love with since they beat N70 is every aspect - 2MP Camera with Autofocus, Walkman type music, flashy looks.

In Nokia's, i can only see N70 (but the budget is 18k right? N70 is 20k street price, 24k showroom!). Coming in the budget there's this 668* series, 6630 also but they have 1mp camera. If she can settle for that, then go for it, they cost much less too. But in that 18k, she could get SE phones that perfrom better than those for the same price!

Just make her read this post once if she doesn't listen :p Nokia seems to have this aura that's fooling people of India into thinking its the greatest most cell phone brand ever.

Btw, with my gfx card pushed back by a month or two, i'll be buying an N70 myself in a couple of weeks time. Just because of the Symbian part of it. I'm bitten by the symbian bug after using my dad's 6600 and i can't settle for anything else now. (though girls won't need symbian, believe me!)

@params ---- I was one of those Nokia fanboys. even today, somehow I trust Nokia more than any other brand.

But off late, I am equally willing to buy a SE too.... but no other brand for me :p No Korean stuff :p

And Nokia have this sort of a brand image due to their own hardwork. Making good reliable phones and bringing cheap phones into India just when the mboile boom began.

So, no wonder they are leaders. But yeah.... off late, SE has been catching up in a big way :p

yeah i guess. Nokia is giant in India. They've made their stronghold here and have huge followers. They've released tons of cheap phones, heck i'll blame Nokia for the sudden uprise of mobile phone market since past decade in India.

But the latest SE phones, looking from the younger crowds point of view, are THE best phones to get now. Period.

hmmm i too like SE ..will try convincing her for SE but I have heard SE phones have a bad signal reception .. I had faced this problem myself when i was using a SE T610 .. the reception was pathetic. can u guys comment on this and suggest the best SE models in 20k ? Also many new models are coming up from SE and Nokia ... Do u guys advice waiting and if yes then how long ? thanks.

mohit said:
hmmm i too like SE ..will try convincing her for SE but I have heard SE phones have a bad signal reception .. I had faced this problem myself when i was using a SE T610 .. the reception was pathetic. can u guys comment on this and suggest the best SE models in 20k ? Also many new models are coming up from SE and Nokia ... Do u guys advice waiting and if yes then how long ? thanks.
i think this is a problem with older models. Even a temp t68i im using has a real fussy signal. But my friends with newer models t630 onwards i guess seem to be fine.

mohit said:

W800i. Without a doubt. In its price range it is the best phone available.

Nokias may be a lil over-hyped in India, but most Nokias are indeed excellent....

Though Of late, it has become a g33K L33t trend to trash Nokia :p and praise SE

(like trash Intel, praise AMD even w-o trying to understand the other person's needs ;) )

e.g. :

W800i. Without a doubt. In its price range it is the best phone available.

now if the buyer has no intention ofusing the phone as a MP3 player, how does the w800i qualify as yje best phone for him /her

Personally I love Nokia, because they are the only company to make affordable smartphones (the entire s-60 range starting from N-6600 onwards)

But say for this user,

* Budget strictly 18-20k

* Integrated camera a must and not any stupid VGA camera please.

* No clamshell phones.

* Nokia Nokia and only Nokia.

I'd have suggested the k750i...

I have a SE W800i.. Just Rocks. Had a K700i before that.. Never had any problems with the reception.. The K750i has the same hardware(minus a speaker ) as the W800i, as is a little monster of a phone. Go for it. It falls within your budget too.

okie guys ... she has decided to choose between N70 and W800i .. she ll take a demo of both and if she is comfy with the menu n stuff of W800i .. she will go for it. else N70.

mohit said:

bad signal reception? in 2004 when i was doing my internship in IIT, Powai, i changed over from a Samsung "some model" to a T610 (June, 2004) I noticed a 10x increase in signal reception in the hostels (no 10) Earlier i had to align my neck and the phone at a particular angle for it to recieve even 1 bar signal strenth. With the T610, I got the same but I never had a "cut" call anymore. It was a known fact in review sites that the T610 understates its signal reception strength.

Just my 2 cents.......

*that T610 is still going strong as I really dont care what mobile I am carrying..... as long as my COMP is up-to-date :p*

Hope that helps.

memories_dv said:
Arreh nooooooeeeeooooooeeesss!
i said 7370! Perfect phone for girls! 1.3MP, not VGA! Tell her to have a look atleast, please for my sake!!
XD.
Though i'll agree. Maybe she'll like it as the design is 'specifically' for the females.

Back