Mobile for Parents upto 5k

Malique

Adept
Hi Friends,

Need suggestions for buying a mobile phone for my dad/mom. Key features required are: big display and fonts, loud ear piece, spaciously placed buttons and ease of use.

Main purpose is calls n sms. Further details below. Thanks in advance

1. Q: Budget?

A: upto 5K - dont mind extending by 1k more, it there is something really good, worth the price.

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar - separate spacioulsy placed butons

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: Big green with large fonts and should be visible under sunlight

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Nokia and, Samsung preferred

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Bar - buttons, spaciously placed

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Good to have. can expect a decent cam since the budget up upto 5k

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: simple to use

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: does not matter.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Calls, SMS, sometimes radio/mp3

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: Don't require dual sim.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A:
<

If you can skip the mp3 requirement, go for the latest variant of Nokia 1280

Awesome keypad, no issues in the sun, font is not gigantic, but pretty decent

Battery lasts forever, sound is as clear as phones costing 10x the amount

The phone doesnt look classy at all. But it does the job of a phone really well,, and it seems like thats what you need

Hi #[member='Malique'],

I'll suggest you to consider:

- Nokia 300 @ 6155 (If they are fine with a little touch & type also its worth it if they'll be able to use the functions, its never too late to learn
<
)

- X2-02 @ 3270

- Nokia C2-00 @ 2310

- Nokia C1-01 @ 1925

P.S. All prices are from Flipkart.

Hope this helps.
<

Thanks for your suggestion guys, i had posted a reply few days back before the forum went down, but it looks like my post dint get thru.

so i visited a croma and got to check out the phones hands on. i liked X2-02 and X2-01 (querty), mainly due to their big fonts. Have asked my parents to check them out.

Any other last minute suggestions? will buy it in a day or two.

would 50+ age people be comfortable with querty? they dont use sms, but the query one had really good font and big screen.

Thanks for your suggestion guys, i had posted a reply few days back before the forum went down, but it looks like my post dint get thru.

so i visited a croma and got to check out the phones hands on. i liked X2-02 and X2-01 (querty), mainly due to their big fonts. Have asked my parents to check them out.

Any other last minute suggestions? will buy it in a day or two.

would 50+ age people be comfortable with querty? they dont use sms, but the query one had really good font and big screen.

I suggest you not to go with qwerty, as you mentioned 50+ age ppl would have some difficulty to use qwerty as the number are at middle and small.

If possible, increase your budget to 7.5k and get a used Samsung focus,
Big screen, big font, partially visible on direct sunlight and ease of use compared to android and iOS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back