Mobile Operators increase data benefits in preparation for Jio

swatkats

Skilled
After the tariff hikes last year, in what seems to be preparation for the competition from Reliance Jio services expected to launch next month, Bharti Airtel has announced revised rates for some its prepaid data recharge packs. Airtel says the new scheme increases data benefits on prepaid packs by up to 67 per cent.

At Airtel, we always aim to deliver a great mobile experience and value to our customers. These refreshed data packs will help drive consumption and boost the uptake of mobile internet in the country. Given the deepening smartphone penetration and Airtel’s roll-out of data networks across India, we believe these packs will also drive affordability and bring new users online,
said Ajai Puri, Director – Operations (India & South Asia), Bharti Airtel.

qhiTM9p.jpg

Don't know what to say now!

All these rates will fall even lower in coming months or next year. DOT is thinking of allowing private broadband players to give Wi-Fi internet all around India. This will let small local isp's to give Wi-Fi access to their area. Right now Wi-Fi is restricted to telecom companies only.

Honestly, I hope the 28 days thing goes away. Its hard enough that you cannot easily track it (data consumption) with data usage on Android.

Honestly, I hope the 28 days thing goes away. Its hard enough that you cannot easily track it (data consumption) with data usage on Android.
Install Airtel app (for Airtel Subscribers) and allow notification, it solved the problem for me. I can monitor and recharge other Airtel numbers in the family with the same app.

Not to forget, a lot of people also end up burning a little amount from their main talktime because they forget when they last recharged since a 28 day period is much harder to remember.

This - exactly. happens with my father everytime. :)

TRAI has stepped in. They are questioning the ultra high cost a customer incurs if he/she buys a pack of say, 100MB for 100Rs and uses say 10MB and, the validity expires. Effective cost has become 10Rs/MB. TRAI finds ths (rightly so,) prohibitively expensive & wants extended validity packs for 365 days. Longer validity will make more people buy.

Lol all these and Jio hasn't even launched. Last I heard the commercial launch has been postponed yet again.
and oh getting Idea 4G 18GB for 1249rs (iirc) here.

Was curious to know whats the actual reason behind airtel offering 50% data back.

Jio. Even they're offering 50% more data in the night.

Back