Mobile phone around 16K .... NOKIA E72 ?? E72 users plz guide me..

prince_20003

Disciple
Hi pals,:)

very soon i will be moving out of my home for job ,,,so for few months i wont be having my lappy or desktop either...

So want to have some smartphone around 16k to keep in touch with all my online pals...

here what i want to have in my phone...

1) Should be able to log in multiple email accounts as well as instant messengers at the same time & should raise sound alerts whenever either instant message or email is received..

2) Decent webpage surfing capability.. and Should play streaming videos...

3) Decent headphone audio quality

4) Pretty strong vibrator & loud speakers for ringtones & alarms(To wake a Sleeping Monster like what i am :ashamed:)

now i am thinking of E72...... but you guys can suggest me if there is any better option ,,,,BUDGET is strictly 16k

Thanks

If I am right, E72 is buggy. given your needs, check these phones:

1) Nokia E71

2) Nokia X6 16Gb

3) Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro (note: tiny tiny display)

4) Samsung Wave (my pick)

prince_20003 said:
Hi pals,:)

very soon i will be moving out of my home for job ,,,so for few months i wont be having my lappy or desktop either...

So want to have some smartphone around 16k to keep in touch with all my online pals...

here what i want to have in my phone...

1) Should be able to log in multiple email accounts as well as instant messengers at the same time & should raise sound alerts whenever either instant message or email is received..

2) Decent webpage surfing capability.. and Should play streaming videos...

3) Decent headphone audio quality

4) Pretty strong vibrator & loud speakers for ringtones & alarms(To wake a Sleeping Monster like what i am :ashamed:)

now i am thinking of E72...... but you guys can suggest me if there is any better option ,,,,BUDGET is strictly 16k

Thanks

desiibond said:
If I am right, E72 is buggy. given your needs, check these phones:

1) Nokia E71
2) Nokia X6 16Gb
3) Sony Ericsson X10 Mini Pro (note: tiny tiny display)
4) Samsung Wave (my pick)

Thanks for reply...:)

heyy wat do u exactly mean by buggy?? :huh:

Whats cost or Nokia X6. ?? does it allow to login in multiple accounts and intsant messangers & give alerts???

nish_pinto said:
i am using E71 about more than year now. E72 buggy? I wudnt be buggy if yiu try updating the firmware. Trust me it works!
are you able to log in multiple email accounts as well as instant messengers at the same time & does it raise sound alerts whenever either instant message or email is received..???

prince_20003 said:
are you able to log in multiple email accounts as well as instant messengers at the same time & does it raise sound alerts whenever either instant message or email is received..???
you can login upto 10 email accounts but it shows only 2 at the standby screen. i don't know whether it will alert for other email setups from apart the two showing. instant messaging - i don't quite think so. one app is available on ovi beta but i haven't tried it as such. But there is nokia chat it lets you log into yahoo messenger, windows live, gtalk all at once. as I am not a chat fan I haven't tried it as such.

all the bugs have been sorted with the latest firmware but there are problems with email setup. My friend just bough the phone which had the latest firmware and I could not setup any account because I was using wifi. you can google search. the only available solution is to setup the email on a gprs/3g network instead of wifi in your home network or instead of writing the full email account lets say you are setting up gmail just change the last letter (***gmail.com to ****gmil.com) and then setup the server settings manually. After it is setup you can work with the wifi. Earlier i had to restart my phone like every 1 hour. not anymore so the firmware update has sorted any memory and application hang issues.

I am using the E72 for close to 6 months now. It is rock solid , dont worry about firmware issues. For chatting , there is Nimbuzz which supports ALL common protocols. Then there is the official skype client. Nokia Messaging allows you to configure upto 10 email accounts.

The best feature has to be the battery :p It just goes on and on and on ............ :D

dhruvrock2000 said:
I am using the E72 for close to 6 months now. It is rock solid , dont worry about firmware issues. For chatting , there is Nimbuzz which supports ALL common protocols. Then there is the official skype client. Nokia Messaging allows you to configure upto 10 email accounts.

The best feature has to be the battery :p It just goes on and on and on ............ :D

Thankss...

but does it raise sound alerts whenever either instant message or email is received on any of these 10 accounts..???

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

nish_pinto said:
I wudnt be buggy if yiu try updating the firmware. Trust me it works!

is updating firmware a risky thing is not done properly??

also tell em steps in updating the firmware...

Thankss

gbharani said:
If your criteria is just email and chat, why not the E63 and its only around 9K
Thanks for reply...

but its not a 3g phone as well has doesnt has wifi too i guess.... is it true??

initially i was also looking for this phone only....

anyways do u kno wats current price of e72??

prashantrana said:
16500 (Copper)

16300 (Black)

Chandigarh
thanks buddy....

have u used this phone???

prince_20003 said:
Thanks for reply...
but its not a 3g phone as well has doesnt has wifi too i guess.... is it true??
initially i was also looking for this phone only....
anyways do u kno wats current price of e72??

thanks buddy....

have u used this phone???

Man where u gathered this info ? E63 do have 3g and Wifi too. using since 2009.

Which u don't get in E63 is GPS & 5MP Camera compare to the E72. Nokia E63 is the step down version of E71. If you have money go for E72 eyes closed.Nokia's BP-4L Battery is Gem itself.

What u found lack in it is screen size & I don't recommend it for long time web-browsing, IM's and Mailing are Ok though.
All E63,E71,E72 have 2.36" screen....and upcoming E5 too.

prince_20003 said:
is updating firmware a risky thing is not done properly??

also tell em steps in updating the firmware...

Regarding the firmwire update of Nokia Phone....Only this tips must be followed.

When Update process starts:-

1.Make Sure your PC/Laptop don't shutdown in the middle of the process as well as your Internet Connection....Make the power arrangement.

2.What ever it displayed in PC & Phone Screen for God Shake don't touch the Phone/Connection Cable/PC (Nokia Software Updater).

This is the most important part.

else you do regular things before update:-

back up your device,use un-encrypted mem card,Fully charge battery,put the phone in general mode. Do it on Night or when you don't expect any call.

Though you can also use OTA Updater...AFAIK all S60 3rd Edition FP2 phone support this.

dissel said:
Man where u gathered this info ? E63 do have 3g and Wifi too. using since 2009.

Which u don't get in E63 is GPS & 5MP Camera compare to the E72. Nokia E63 is the step down version of E71. If you have money go for E72 eyes closed.Nokia's BP-4L Battery is Gem itself.

What u found lack in it is screen size & I don't recommend it for long time web-browsing, IM's and Mailing are Ok though.

All E63,E71,E72 have 2.36" screen....and upcoming E5 too.
Regarding the firmwire update of Nokia Phone....Only this tips must be followed.

When Update process starts:-

1.Make Sure your PC/Laptop don't shutdown in the middle of the process as well as your Internet Connection....Make the power arrangement.

2.What ever it displayed in PC & Phone Screen for God Shake don't touch the Phone/Connection Cable/PC (Nokia Software Updater).

This is the most important part.

else you do regular things before update:-

back up your device,use un-encrypted mem card,Fully charge battery,put the phone in general mode. Do it on Night or when you don't expect any call.

Though you can also use OTA Updater...AFAIK all S60 3rd Edition FP2 phone support this.

thanks a lot for such wonderful description ,,n sorry for having poor knowledge abt E63 n all....i m really noob yaar in this...

Thabks to u all guys for updating my knowledge...

anyways tell me ,,can u configure 10 mail accounts on E63?? n wats overall experience with it....

plzzz do reply

1st of all I don't have 10 e-mail a/c....so can't test it by myself, In my e63 at first I use in-built e-mail client which is not HTML based but a text based (like you read long SMS).

Now I use Nokia Messaging and Emoze both are same HTML capable mean you can see your mail as like ur PC.

Nokia Messaging(NM) handle my 2 gmail a/c,2 hotmail a/c,1 ovi mail a/c flawlessly.<---I don't want to add more here to depend only this app.

Emoze handle 1 gmail (main) a/c (which is present in NM too) and 2 yahoo a/c (which is not so imp though).

I also install the gmail app from Google Mobile which handle that main gmail a/c which is present in NM and Emoze and a 3rd gmail a/c which is linked to my Online Bank A/C.....Thats all.

Now you ask why I install gmail app ? this Java Based app is very effective when you are in slow GPRS as well as light-weight compared to NM & Emoze which are Push E-mail Application.(I use NM & Emoze only when I'm in Wi-Fi Area e,g Work/Home/HotSpot)

Thats all my mailing experience with E63.

Not sure though, I think Limitation in 10 A/C is for NM...not the phone...maybe I'm Wrong.

I update the Firmware several times without a fail (since Jan'09) & experience was quite satisfactory once you familiar with it keyboard (in your case E72). It can reduce the use of Lap/Desk PC as long as mailing/IM ing need...but the same was not applicable for long web browsing due to screen size as I already mentioned.

Office Application is quite good for basic stuff,but it will not suitable for advance word doc editing,Excel sheet editing as well as Power Point Presentation,in this case u need a dedicated Lap/Net book.

Forgot to mention: You get a nice powerful torch as well.

E72 user here...rock solid phone with excellent email and im features...and yes nokia chat gives a alert tone when u receive a new im...does everything flawlessly and has a gr8 camera and decent music player...and the battery is amazing too...

only problem is the small screen which is not very good for internet browsing...

unreal_ishan said:
E72 user here...rock solid phone with excellent email and im features...and yes nokia chat gives a alert tone when u receive a new im...does everything flawlessly and has a gr8 camera and decent music player...and the battery is amazing too...

only problem is the small screen which is not very good for internet browsing...
thankss...:)

but in emergency situation ..its very handy na to use for surfing on it??

anyways whose service r u using for GPRS??

Back