Budget 15-20K Mobile phone for 20K (No Samsung)

Hi Friends, please suggest a phone as per the details below. To be used by a female.

1. Budget?

A: 20k
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Any
3. Preferred display type?
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No Micromax & NO samsung
5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Yes, Required a 5MP-8MP camera. Flash.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Music, Internet, mutlinedia
10. Any other requirements?
A: Don't require dual sim
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Sony SP

Was trying a Nexus 4 as it recently got a 25% price drop (in USA)

why people suggesting a mediocre phone(lenovo p780) while he easily can get a US version HTC one x for almost the same price?
pros for htc one x
a superior screen which is still one of the best out there.
HTC unmatched built quality, especially in android world.
dual core krait processor which can easily out perform that mediatek quadcore.

original poster- please check ebay india for htc one x. its trading for 17000-18000 - 7% coupon

is this a good music phone ?

And how is this phone when compared with Sony SP & Nexus 4 ?

^ not sure about the SP. Having used the Nexus 4 & the P780, here's the comparison:
* The nexus 4 has an advantage of faster processor & 4.3 (vs MTK quad & 4.2)
* Not sure if either of these phones qualify as 'music phones or otherwise' but what the P780 does allow you to do (thanks to amazing battery life & decent performance) is listen to music or watch movies for hours more.

why people suggesting a mediocre phone(lenovo p780) while he easily can get a US version HTC one x for almost the same price?
pros for htc one x
a superior screen which is still one of the best out there.
HTC unmatched built quality, especially in android world.
dual core krait processor which can easily out perform that mediatek quadcore.

original poster- please check ebay india for htc one x. its trading for 17000-18000 - 7% coupon

^ Mediocre is all perception based :)

Here's why a HTC is better:
* Faster processor
* Better camera

Here's where the P780 wins:
* Better build.. It does have a metal casing.. not plastic (you have to hold the phones to feel the diff)
* The screen has equal clarity/brightness but P780 has a 5" screen
* Battery life. What good is having a powerful battery etc if you can't use the phone when you want to play games, watch movies or listen to music etc as one always fears running out of charge.

Guys, after going through your inputs, have decided the below & need information from your end -

1. Will buy from USA, as friend is coming in 1st week of October
2. Nexus 4 (8&16GB) is out of stock on play Store
3. Following are the phones for which i will try to find ebay deal -

a. Nexus 4
b. HTC One X
c. P780
d. Lumia 822/928 (is 928 worth buying for 300$-350$)
Please help with your inputs, feedback & ebay links. ( I am ok with bidding)

Thanks
[DOUBLEPOST=1379439660][/DOUBLEPOST]p.s. - How's this deal ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nokia-Lumia...1209182877?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item4ac98f2a9d

Last edited:
Do not buy the xperia SP. Reasons -
> While charging (Both USB & Wall wart) touch response very inconsistent & multi touch usually freezes the screen for few seconds
> The so called aluminum frame in reality is plastic!!
Except for these flaws the performance is quite good & battery life is really good. Nova 3. Modern Combat 4, RR3, Asphalt 7 run as good as that on Nexus 4. Although both were unable to handle smooth frame rate with Asphalt 8. Compared to old gen GPU in Note 2 , adreno 320 is much better with gaming. Note 2 had very average frame rate with Asphalt 7 & Nova 3

thank s for the input guys.

Few queries though -

1. I am evaluating Lumia 928. Hoping to get around 250$-300$. Is it a good buy ?
2. How is HTC 8X, what will be a good price for it ? in USD.
3. 822 is coming around 125$-150$, its counter part is still 19K in India(820). should i evaluate this also ?

Do not buy the xperia SP. Reasons -
> While charging (Both USB & Wall wart) touch response very inconsistent & multi touch usually freezes the screen for few seconds

Faced a similar issue with Xperia Pro while charging from a wall socket, but it turned out that the main wall socket was faulty(fluctuating voltage) which caused the problem... works fine with other sockets and USB...

I have faced this problem of touchscreen on iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 too and this was when the wall charger was a aftermarket one, the screen would not respond or respond very very late. As soon as i used original charger it worked fine. Have decided to never buy cheap USB chargers now, either use computer to charge or buy a renowned company charger from Belkin etc or buy original from the manufacturer, even if it is expensive.
The money saved in buying cheapo chinese chargers is not worth the expensive phone we are using.

Hey Guys -

Most likely i will buy Nokia Lumia 928 from USA. Few questions -

1. is it GSM unlocked ? - Will Voice/Data/3G work in India ?
2. I am using Nokia 822 bought from US (works fine with 3G, but cant send SMS)
3. How much should i shell out for it ?
4. Any known issues with the phone ?

Back