Mobile Phone for 25k [MAX]

latino_ansari

Disciple
1. Q: Budget?
A: 22-25k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Anything

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: None (but it should be good)

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: None

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 5MP camera. (Camera is not that important)

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Confused between Android & Windows Phone 7.

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, Internet and most importantly music (It should be good)

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: None

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Damn confused there are hell lot of options

PS : I want music to be good. Something close to ipod touch 3G. Will be using aftermarket earphone. So dont care much about how stock earphones sound.

For the music to be good, your best bet is either the Nexus S or Galaxy S as both have the wolfson DAC and are known for their music quality.Both are available for less than 20k.

If you want to try WP7, then HTC HD7 is a great music phone as gleaned from the info available online.Costs around 17.8k with coupons from letsbuy.com

The reason i'm not suggesting phones above 20k is cause there are no phones worth the moolah in the 20-25k range.Rather up your budget and spend on the Samsung Galaxy S2.

Here are the comparison between Android and Windows 7 (Mango) Note that Mango is major update that will be available within few months:

Comparison: iOS 5 vs. Android 2.3 Gingerbread vs. Windows Phone 7 Mango vs. Blackberry 7 OS

Unified Notification - Android - Yes, WP7 - Yes

Phone to Phone Messaging - Android - No, WP7 - No

System Wide Twitter Integration - Android - No, WP7 - Yes

Quick Camera Access - Android - No, WP7 - Yes

Photo Editing Tools - Android - Yes, WP7 - No

Tabbed Browsing - Android - No, WP7 - Yes

Rich Text Mail - Android - No, WP7 - Yes

PC-Free Setup, Updates - Android - Yes, WP7 - Yes

Online Gaming community - Android - No, WP7 - Yes

The reason I chose Android:

I was tired of syncing my music, videos and files through Itunes or Zune. That is why I chose Android because it gives me freedom to add any files quickly to my phone directly. Also I can play any video files with Android and also lots of apps available. Freedom to root it and make the phone work to my preference by overclocking.

If you want music to be good then you should absolutely test these phones out:

ANDROID:

Galaxy S -

Specs - Samsung I9000 Galaxy S - Full phone specifications

Price - Rs 19800

*Excellent gaming device which is capable of running any games in the market at present, thanks to its A8 hummingbird 1 ghz processor and Powervr SGX 540 GPU (Best in the market for single core)

*Excellent audio device with Wolfson DAC and Dolby 5.1. Makes listening to music pleasurable. I have various android devices, but I have only one best music player and that this Galaxy S.

*5 MP Camera with 720p video recording and playback.

*Excellent video player that plays HD videos with ease, thanks again to an excellent hardware.

*Super Amoled screen is a delight for Browsing, watching movies, reading etc with unlimited viewing angles.

Nexus S -

Specs - Samsung Google Nexus S I9023 - Full phone specifications

Price - 18990 (Recent drop as seen in Ebay India)

*This might the best future proof phone of any Single core phones in the market, given the priority updates directly from Google. While Nexus Prime is the first model to have ICS out of the box. Nexus S is the first device to have ICS update in Android lineup

*Same Audio chip as Galaxy S, so better listening experience. While it does not have the Dolby 5.1, but still a good music player.

*5 MP camera with LED Flash, but does not have 720P video recording or playback.

*Same processor and hardware as Galaxy S. So will be an excellent device for gaming.

*Super LCD screen that is also good for browsing, reading and watching movies. While some prefer Super Amoled, some prefer Super LCD. The main difference is saturation is higher on Super Amoled which in turn produces dark colors more darker, while SuperLCD produces accurate light colors.

If you decide to go with WP7, I would absolutely recommend these phones:

HD7

Specs - HTC HD7 - Full phone specifications

Price - 18999

*4.3 inch screen for better viewing and browsing

*5 MP Camera with LED Flash with 720p video recording and playback

*Dolby Digital and Surround Sound Audio

*It is the best selling WP7 phones

*Personally used one and currently used by my Dad. Excellent build quality.

*Kickstand for watching movies or videos

HTC Surround

Specs and Price - HTC 7 Surround price in India.

*3.8 inch screen

*5 MP Camera with LED Flash with 720p video recording and playback

*MULTIMEDIA BEAST DUE TO SURROUND SOUND SPEAKERS

If you are into Dual core phones, the better option is to up your budget and go for SGS2. Or wait for a few months when you get more options. Also the same is applied for Windows 7, if you wait a little more you can buy a phone with Mango updates and also updated processor/gpu for better XBOX 360 mobile gaming.

You do have options to buy Dual core phones that are imported but you do not have warranty and I would not recommend them. Unless you know the risk and does not matter to you, in that case you can get Motorola Atrix, Photon 4G etc for the budget of 18-20k onwards.

HTC Incredible S is also good buy. But I believe Galaxy S or Nexus S has better audio quality while priced 4-5k lower. Also the processor and gpu in Galaxy S/Nexus S is powerful compared to HTC Incredible S for gaming or other gpu intensive tasks. Also playback of 720p videos are better in Galaxy S compared to Incredible S.

IMHO if i were you,i'd have 3 choices
1) Galaxy S...Simply the best device out there.. fact that it is available inisde 20k is a big steal...
2) Nexus S :- First to get the updates from Google...
3) Samsung Focus :- 4'' Super Amoled Display, WP7 and a good music player.. u'll have to buy it from Ebay.com/amazon/best buy and get it hsipped through shopandship.com or iccworld though....

Or else if u could up your budget then go for SGS2....

i'm not interested in buying IOS device as i already have IPOD 3G and i know the hassle with sync... So i'm mainly confused between WP7 and Android.... guys do i need to sync music in WP7???

Wanna know how is HTC HD7 and have read about ghosting issues in it... what exactly is it???

^^ if you dont want to sync then i will suggest you to get an android phone, you need zune to sync apps,music,videos in WP7 just like itunes with ios devices.

htc hd7 has got a huge screen but in the end its a wp7 phone.. if u compare wp7 with android ..its a no brainer.. android wins hands down....u can port custom roms and do all sorts of things u cant do in the wp7...but since u have an inclination towards hd7 its upto ur choice....
if i were u i'd go for the sgs2 or the motorola atrix....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

well regarding the ghosting issue, u tend to see a white screen over a black background...it is because of the high response time of the screen....it might be a fault with that particular piece too ... for more info read this....
1) Phone typing on its own? Maybe spyware or a ghost? - HTC Forums
2) HTC HD7 review: Dim the lights - GSMArena.com

Hope it helps you....

@op - like warewolf said, if you are strictly under 25K budget, go for Galaxy S.
But if you can / will be able to stretch your budget in the future, go for SII.

Note: the above recommendation is only for the GOOD phone under 25K/30K. But if you really need a GOOD MUSIC phone under 30K - Galaxy S Hands Down (also you need to install the Voodoo Controller Free App from Market to make full use of that wolfson DAC)

Back