Budget 10-15K Mobile phone for uncle under 15k

k_m_Arya

Disciple
Hi,
I need a smartphone for my uncle under 15k. His priorities are durability, large battery and compact in size. Main usage is Whatsapp, youtube, pdfs, banking application, calls, sms, etc.
The main thing priority for me is the Phone shouldn't be laggy in the future and also would like at least a passable camera performance and UI I guess . So basically which phone should be fuss-free, there shouldn't be any bugs in the OS currently or in any future updates. I don't want to play tech support for him so I suppose less bloat is better since I wouldn't want to run adb commands or uninstall those apps after each update.

The following phones are shortlisted could which would be a good fit for him - Realme P1, Moto G64, Vivo T3x, Lava Agni 2.

Please suggest and thank you for your time.

Go with minimum 6GB RAM and 256 GB Storage

I have Samsung A50s (4GB/256GB) since 3.5 yrs., bought new and other family member have Oppo F5 (6GB/128GB) bought used (second hand) from fellow TE Member.
In last 2 yrs. found that Samsung is slow in all department compare to Oppo F5, even found that SMS/OTP etc. delivery too, is 5-7 second delayed on Samsung compare to Oppo.

Don't go with STOCK Android, as it's boring for non-tech users (very good for tech users/gamers)

Your uncle must have a different definition of compact. Those phones are regular phablet sized, nothing compact about them.

Check some reviews that mention fingerprint reader performance for the Moto though. I don't have any experience with the G64, but I own the G42. and the fingerprint reader on that is pathetically slow. If they're using the same sensor on the G64, it's not a great experience.

Out of your shortlist, Realme P1 would be a good fit. Caution, it will be loaded with bloatware and apps. One time cleanup will be needed.
If AMOLED display and Secondary noise cancellation mic is not important, Vivo T3X will also be a good choice, will be cheaper, with large 6000 mAh battery and good processor.

Out of your shortlist, Realme P1 would be a good fit. Caution, it will be loaded with bloatware and apps. One time cleanup will be needed.
If AMOLED display and Secondary noise cancellation mic is not important, Vivo T3X will also be a good choice, will be cheaper, with large 6000 mAh battery and good processor.
Vivo T3X with Micro USB charger? big let down

So after comparing them this is what I have arrived at

1) Vivo has 6 gen 1 processor which is 4*A78 cores compared to realme and moto which only have 2*A78

2)Realme has a better display amoled whereas the rest have LCD .

3)Realme and vivo have better update policy compared to moto. 2 years os update and 3 yr security update where as moto only provides 1 os update and 2 yr security update.

4)Moto has lesser dark patterns compared to others I think??? So won't need to troubleshoot like other phones often?

5)Moto has better cameras compared to others OIS & Ultrawide.

6)Moto and vivo have better battery 6000 mAh compared to realme 5000 mAh.

7)Vivo has IP64, Realme has IP54, Moto has IP52 rating but I don't think it matters much because no guarantee that any of them can survive in the rain I guess.

8)Moto supports 13 5g bands and has 3CA where as realme and vivo only have 9 bands and 2 CA but again not sure if this would make much of a difference? Can anyone clarify if it matters?

9)Realme has UFS 3.1 where as the rest have UFS 2.2

I think 8gb/128gb should be minimum now so prices are as follows after card offers
Moto G64- 14,000
Realme P1- 15,000
Vivo T3x- 15,000

Last edited:
Back